- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Export and Import within HikaShop not working
13 years 1 month ago #120775
by bnfrank
Export and Import within HikaShop not working was created by bnfrank
I am migrating a client from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5. I installed a fresh install of hikashop on the new joomla 2.5. I went back to the version in 1.5 and in every product category, I selected all and hit export.
Then, I went to the new version, clicked under products import, selected the file I just exported and I get this long error message about double columns, and product not found.
Help??? I don't understand why the file I just exported from hikashop can't be imported right back into hikashop. I have the starter version on both.
Thank you in advance.
Then, I went to the new version, clicked under products import, selected the file I just exported and I get this long error message about double columns, and product not found.
Help??? I don't understand why the file I just exported from hikashop can't be imported right back into hikashop. I have the starter version on both.
Thank you in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120800
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Hi there,
We are aware of some error message displaying during the import but it doesn't mean the process didn't worked.
So you should take a look at your products to see if it worked.
You should also checked if you have the same version on both site (the last one).
We are aware of some error message displaying during the import but it doesn't mean the process didn't worked.
So you should take a look at your products to see if it worked.
You should also checked if you have the same version on both site (the last one).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120930
by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Hi!
The products are not in the store. Both sites are using the same version 2.2.1.
Any ideas?
Beth
The products are not in the store. Both sites are using the same version 2.2.1.
Any ideas?
Beth
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120971
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Hi,
For the import warning message we made a fix and we update the package.
You can re-download HikaShop starter and the "duplicate columns" message won't show it anymore.
After that, if you have other message that these "duplicate columns", it will be helpful to understand what went wrong during your import.
Regards,
For the import warning message we made a fix and we update the package.
You can re-download HikaShop starter and the "duplicate columns" message won't show it anymore.
After that, if you have other message that these "duplicate columns", it will be helpful to understand what went wrong during your import.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120977
by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
I re-downloaded and installed the hikashop starter on both sites. Then I re-exported one of the product categories. I tried to import it. I didn't get the double column errors, but a string of other errors.
I am attaching a pdf of the screen.
I am attaching a pdf of the screen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120978
by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121008
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Hi,
Thanks to give us your csv file in order to see what can be wrong.
Thanks to give us your csv file in order to see what can be wrong.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121076
by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Here is the CSV. I exported this one after everything was re-installed.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121100
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Hi,
There is no CSV attached in your message.
I see that Kunena does not allow CSV files, I changed the configuration so it should be better now.
Please re-submit your CSV file.
Regards,
There is no CSV attached in your message.
I see that Kunena does not allow CSV files, I changed the configuration so it should be better now.
Please re-submit your CSV file.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121163
by bnfrank
Replied by bnfrank on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
Here is the csv file. Hopefully it attaches this time!
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121280
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Export and Import within HikaShop not working
So first, all the characteristics and custom product fields you had on your previous website need to be created with the same values on the new website in order to be able to import the products with these characteristics/custom fields.
It's displaying error messages because not all the characteristics are there and thus it can't import the CSV.
Also, there is the problem with some of the categories names in your CSV. After the "Jewelry" category, there are a bunch of lines with just "" in the category name. That's not valid and that's why you get the other errors. We never had such problem in exported CSVs so I can't say why that happened. What I can say though that since these lines are empty, you can ignore the errors anyway or remove them from the CSV with excel so that the errors don't show anymore for them.
It's displaying error messages because not all the characteristics are there and thus it can't import the CSV.
Also, there is the problem with some of the categories names in your CSV. After the "Jewelry" category, there are a bunch of lines with just "" in the category name. That's not valid and that's why you get the other errors. We never had such problem in exported CSVs so I can't say why that happened. What I can say though that since these lines are empty, you can ignore the errors anyway or remove them from the CSV with excel so that the errors don't show anymore for them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds