Skip to main content

Default State and Country will not save

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #121803 by jschroeder
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.swrhome.com/order-swr-cd-set.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All Browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

The default State and Country will not save. I have the default state set to alabama and the default country set to United States of America and it shows the default state as "Ain" which isnt even a US state.

This was working and must have broken after an update. I have tried installing hikashop again and this did not fix the issue.

Can you please help me fix this, this is pretty urgent.

Thanks,

Josh
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by jschroeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121804 by chris711
I had that too - try re-saving the country first - when I did that the states corrected themselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #121806 by jschroeder
I appreciate the suggestion however this did not work any other ideas?

Josh
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by jschroeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121819 by chris711
Sorry, no other suggestion other than reload latest version from Hika - it has to be a mismatch in reading the database links countries/states - but in my case a reload of the software - re-saving the country in Custom fields (first to something different) then back to what I wanted - UK in my case - worked fine. I am using same version as you and just set country to USA as test and the states show up correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #121822 by jschroeder
That does not seem to work for me. I have saved the country as a different country and then changed it back to United States of America and saved it and it still stays "Ain" as the default state.

By the way when you change the coutries in the backend the corresponding states do change after you save the country field, but they do not change on the frontend of the website.
Josh
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by jschroeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121823 by Jerome
Hi,

Can you please send an access to your backend (by private message to me or using the "contact us" page).
We will take a look at your configuration. It will be faster.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121831 by chris711
Jerome
We have the same problem in front end - just checked and address drop downs default to Afghanistan. First saw the problem a couple of days ago when Country list showed UK and States were in Arabic - now at least country and state are in sync - just not what is set as default.
Rgs
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121833 by Jerome
Hi,

I can't. My country is blacklisted in your website. Front-end and back-end part.
And it will be the same for the rest of the support team.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121866 by jschroeder
Please tell me your country so I can whitelist it thanks,

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #121899 by Jerome
Hi,

You set a "display limited to" state for your custom field "country".
It is something, not logical at all so the system went to a fallback and used the default tax zone, which was not configured to the United states but was a French zone.

Removing the "display limited to" and changing this default tax zone, the system now works better.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #121935 by jschroeder
Hi, I do not want anyone to be able to select anything but united states. All of the other countries are still showing previously this was working. The way you have it set up you can select other countries. How do i get it set up like that?

Never mind I just unpublished all the other countries but the united states. Previously last night when i tried this it was not working and I only had like 3 countries showing up now they are all showing up what did you do to change this under the zones?

thanks,

Josh
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by jschroeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122042 by Jerome
Hi,

Yes the best solution is to unpublished the countries that you don't want to list.

And I did nothing special, just changing a wrong configuration element in the custom field (the "display limited to") and change the default tax zone.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #122240 by marcschurr
Hi Jerome,
I am having a similar issue. My site only shows United States as the country and all States for France. If I un-publish states for France, nothing will be available to choose for state. If another country is published I can choose that country and switch to US and that would work. Problem is we only sell in the United States.
I wanted to try the suggestion you mentioned above, but it seems that's only available for the Business version. Any other suggestions I can try.

thanks,

Marc
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by marcschurr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122243 by Jerome
Hi,

The default tax zone is not for the Business version.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum