- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Custom Logout Option
13 years 3 weeks ago #121947
by matps
Custom Logout Option was created by matps
Hi There,
Basically my issue is on my website www.craftkeg.com , I'm trying to save space by not having a login box.
Instead I've got a HikaShop » Registration form menu item called My Account so people can log into their account/create a new one. However the problem is without having the login box on screen, I've lost the ability of having the Logout button too.
Is there a way to get to a Logout button without having the Login Box module enabled? Perhaps if I had the php it uses and just inserting it somewhere like the User control panel?
Cheers,
Matthew
Basically my issue is on my website www.craftkeg.com , I'm trying to save space by not having a login box.
Instead I've got a HikaShop » Registration form menu item called My Account so people can log into their account/create a new one. However the problem is without having the login box on screen, I've lost the ability of having the Logout button too.
Is there a way to get to a Logout button without having the Login Box module enabled? Perhaps if I had the php it uses and just inserting it somewhere like the User control panel?
Cheers,
Matthew
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 3 weeks ago #121955
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Custom Logout Option
Hi,
Another solution will just be to create a joomla login menu, then your customer will be able to login/logout without doing it through the login module.
Another solution will just be to create a joomla login menu, then your customer will be able to login/logout without doing it through the login module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121959
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Custom Logout Option
Hi Mohamed,
I did consider this as an option originally. However the issue is when they login they are greeted to a blank page with the Logout button on it and would then need to navigate back to a seperate menu item to get to their User control panel.
I didn't think this approach would be the most intuative (and our research show that are targeted audience of publicans aren't the most tech savvy to begin with!)
I did consider this as an option originally. However the issue is when they login they are greeted to a blank page with the Logout button on it and would then need to navigate back to a seperate menu item to get to their User control panel.
I didn't think this approach would be the most intuative (and our research show that are targeted audience of publicans aren't the most tech savvy to begin with!)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121964
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Logout Option
You could use your login module and configure it to only display for registered users. That way, it wouldn't show unless the user is logged in.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121971
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Custom Logout Option
How would a login module work if a user has to log in first to be able to see it?
Is it very complicated to add a Logout button to the Customer Account page (the first page you see when you login using HikaShop » Registration form)
Is it very complicated to add a Logout button to the Customer Account page (the first page you see when you login using HikaShop » Registration form)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121972
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Custom Logout Option
I'm sorry for some reason when I read module I thought it said 'menu', confused myself there! That could work...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds