- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
13 years 2 weeks ago #123219
by matps
Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products was created by matps
Hi Guys,
I'm using NoNumber Tabs to show a tabbed view in my products, but I've noticed they are somewhat inconsistent.
If you click a product (Ape Ale as an example) from this page - craftkeg.com/index.php/all-products you'll see the tabbed view display fine.
However if you do the same from this page craftkeg.com/index.php/all-products/view...egory/85-blue-monkey you'll notice the tabbed view is not displayed correctly.
The difference I guess is that the first is a products listing page and the second is a catergory listing page. Is there a way to make them both consistantly show the correct tabbed view?
Kind Regards,
Matthew
PS, the site is nearing it's launch date, so hopefully I won't have to keep bothering you with questions soon!
I'm using NoNumber Tabs to show a tabbed view in my products, but I've noticed they are somewhat inconsistent.
If you click a product (Ape Ale as an example) from this page - craftkeg.com/index.php/all-products you'll see the tabbed view display fine.
However if you do the same from this page craftkeg.com/index.php/all-products/view...egory/85-blue-monkey you'll notice the tabbed view is not displayed correctly.
The difference I guess is that the first is a products listing page and the second is a catergory listing page. Is there a way to make them both consistantly show the correct tabbed view?
Kind Regards,
Matthew
PS, the site is nearing it's launch date, so hopefully I won't have to keep bothering you with questions soon!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 weeks ago #123231
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Hi,
Can you show me some screenshots of the problem that you are having ? Then I'll probably be able to understand the problem that are having.
Can you show me some screenshots of the problem that you are having ? Then I'll probably be able to understand the problem that are having.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123235
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123277
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Hi,
It looks like there is no mootools in your website so there are some javascript errors.
I tried with Chrome and there is no more mootools and I don't have the tabs or the vote either.
regards,
It looks like there is no mootools in your website so there are some javascript errors.
I tried with Chrome and there is no more mootools and I don't have the tabs or the vote either.
regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #123740
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Hi Jerome,
I had a plugin that disabled Mootools for certain menu items. I've re-enabled Mootools and the site is now running extremely slow, to a point where it's not satisfactory enough for customers to use it.
If I need Mootools to get these Hikashop features working, is there another way to speed the site up. Please note I've already got Caching and Gzip Page Compression enabled.
I had a plugin that disabled Mootools for certain menu items. I've re-enabled Mootools and the site is now running extremely slow, to a point where it's not satisfactory enough for customers to use it.
If I need Mootools to get these Hikashop features working, is there another way to speed the site up. Please note I've already got Caching and Gzip Page Compression enabled.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by matps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123751
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Hi,
I don't think that the enabling/disabling of mootools is the real source of the problem.
It's just a javascript library.
But you can deactivate mootools and not use the tab view for the product page.
If you want tabs without mootools, you can override the "show_tabbular" view and change the way that tabs are made in order to use jQuery instead.
Regards,
I don't think that the enabling/disabling of mootools is the real source of the problem.
It's just a javascript library.
But you can deactivate mootools and not use the tab view for the product page.
If you want tabs without mootools, you can override the "show_tabbular" view and change the way that tabs are made in order to use jQuery instead.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123764
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
I'm not so worried about the tabs, but if I disable the Mootools then I can't see the stars for the voting, and also the image opens up in a new window instead of appearing in the pop-up, which I assume is related to the javascript?
www.craftkeg.com/index.php/light/pale/product/47-ape-ale
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123806
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Hi,
The vote system will be migrate to jQuery, it is already in our TODO list.
The popup is the Joomla popup system, we can't change anything for that except if you integrate your own popup system and edit the view to use your popup system instead of the Joomla one. For that too we started a development in order to have more popup system.
Joomla 2.5 is still based on Mootools, with Joomla 3.0 there is a begging of jQuery but mootools still there.
We uses Joomla so logically, we use mootools.
Regards,
The vote system will be migrate to jQuery, it is already in our TODO list.
The popup is the Joomla popup system, we can't change anything for that except if you integrate your own popup system and edit the view to use your popup system instead of the Joomla one. For that too we started a development in order to have more popup system.
Joomla 2.5 is still based on Mootools, with Joomla 3.0 there is a begging of jQuery but mootools still there.
We uses Joomla so logically, we use mootools.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123809
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Thanks for your response Jerome. Is there something you could recommend then if you don't think Mootools if the cause of the site being slow?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #123857
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Inconsistent Tabbed Views for Products
Hi,
I don't think that mootools will be the source because it does not impact the server, just the client.
Regards,
I don't think that mootools will be the source because it does not impact the server, just the client.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds