Skip to main content

how do you uninstall the whole component?

More
13 years 1 week ago #124739 by ThomasRH
I tried to search but couldn't find answer. I like the component but no one ever bought anything. i want to uninstall the component and every part of it to save space. No point in it just sitting there. Will you say how? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124773 by nicolas
There is no whole uninstall one click button. You need to uninstall HikaShop, then each one of its modules and each one of its plugins. Finally, you can remove all the HikaShop tables in your database via PHPMyAdmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124780 by ThomasRH
Thanks for the help. When you write "you need to uninstall HikaShop, then ..." I assume you mean the component itself. And to remove it you go to Extension Manager list and just delete it? And only then I would do the same thing for the modules and then the plugins -- in that order? Also I assume this should be problem free and not affect any of the rest of my site.

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124781 by nicolas
That's indeed the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124785 by ThomasRH
I've now uninstalled component and all modules and plugins. I'm going to the Tables via phpmyadmin. I see many with jos_hikashop_x. Are these the ones, and are there any others?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #124787 by nicolas
Yes, these are the ones. There are no others.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #124788 by ThomasRH
O.K. Thanks. It's done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum