- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 2
Restored site to new host issues
13 years 4 hours ago #125907
by dlarge
Restored site to new host issues was created by dlarge
I have just restored my site to a new host and their is issues when i preview the site. The actual site is still running on the old host at the moment. Attached is a screenshot of the errors which mostly point to view.html.php file.
Original site is writersandtheirwork.co.uk
Hikashop 1.6 business
Hope you can help
Thanks
Dave
Original site is writersandtheirwork.co.uk
Hikashop 1.6 business
Hope you can help
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 hours ago #125920
by dlarge
Replied by dlarge on topic Restored site to new host issues
I think it might be my version of hikashop so will upgrade and try again and will report back.
Thanks
Dave
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 hours ago #125924
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Restored site to new host issues
Hi,
HikaShop 1.6 was not PHP 5.4 compliant so it will display warning notices.
You can update HikaShop yes. You can also deactivate the PHP notices which should be disable in production mode (much better).
It is not real errors, just warning notices ; it does not generate any kind of problem instead of display something in your page.
Regards,
HikaShop 1.6 was not PHP 5.4 compliant so it will display warning notices.
You can update HikaShop yes. You can also deactivate the PHP notices which should be disable in production mode (much better).
It is not real errors, just warning notices ; it does not generate any kind of problem instead of display something in your page.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #125947
by dlarge
Replied by dlarge on topic Restored site to new host issues
I updated and it worked but now i have another error which im sure is down to permissions probably.
Where the thumbnails of my images should be i get the below error.
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/writersandtheirwork.co.uk/httpdocs/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/200x200/byron.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/writersandtheirwork.co.uk/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 418
Hope you can help
Dave
Where the thumbnails of my images should be i get the below error.
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/writersandtheirwork.co.uk/httpdocs/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/200x200/byron.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/writersandtheirwork.co.uk/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 418
Hope you can help
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #125950
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Restored site to new host issues
Hi,
You should have a "media/com_hikashop/upload/upload/thumbnails" directoy which should have write access for your website.
We update the product page in order to use the new thumbnails features (which are already used in the backend for the image gallery).
I think it is a permission problem.
Regards,
You should have a "media/com_hikashop/upload/upload/thumbnails" directoy which should have write access for your website.
We update the product page in order to use the new thumbnails features (which are already used in the backend for the image gallery).
I think it is a permission problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 11 months ago #126086
by dlarge
Replied by dlarge on topic Restored site to new host issues
Thanks,
For some reason I didnt have a "thumbnails" directory just "thumbnail". I created the directory and I had to give it full permissions for it to work and also had to give full permissions to the "thumbnail_79x50" directory for recently viewed items module to work. I have reset the permissions back and it appears to be working, though im sure other permission errors will pop up as well.
Thanks
Dave
For some reason I didnt have a "thumbnails" directory just "thumbnail". I created the directory and I had to give it full permissions for it to work and also had to give full permissions to the "thumbnail_79x50" directory for recently viewed items module to work. I have reset the permissions back and it appears to be working, though im sure other permission errors will pop up as well.
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds