Skip to main content

Charge Delivery Cost Per Item

More
13 years 2 days ago #126047 by matps
Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right section to ask this.

Basically, my employer has asked if we can do something in Hikashop that I'm not sure about. Basically, is it possible to charge delivery costs per item? For example if I had a standard delivery charge setup of say £5, if someone were to order 3 items the total delivery charge would be £15.

Is this possible to do?

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago #126053 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi Matthew,
Sure you'll just have to use the "Use the prices per product" option of your shipping method, her is a link to the documentation for more information about your shipping method options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago #126068 by matps
Replied by matps on topic Charge Delivery Cost Per Item
Hi Mohamed,

I think mine might be a little trickier then that, unfortunately.

What I've got is several products with different variants of weight, for example a product might have a option to be either 30kg or 20kg. So I've created a chararistc called Size and created these 2 variants.

Now I've set each variant from the product page to be the correct weight and created 2 different shipping rules, for example let's say £10 for 30kg and £5 for 20kg. However, since the 20kg product still falls into the range of the 30kg rule, they are getting charged £10 instead of £5.

Hopefully I've explained this correctly, it's getting quite confusing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago #126073 by nicolas
As mohamed said, you should set a shipping price for each product/variant of your website. That way you really control the way the shipping prices are added up during the checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago #126075 by matps
Replied by matps on topic Charge Delivery Cost Per Item
Hi Nicolas,

I'm looking at a variant page now and I'm afraid I'm still a little confused. I can see the Shipping prices options, and if I press Action I get some fields to fill in, but I'm not exactly sure how these Prices or Fees work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 days ago #126081 by Jerome
Hi,

Price = price per article in the cart.
Fee = fixed price.

So the "price" change depending the quantity of the article in the cart, the fee don't.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #238263 by selma123
Hi Mohamed, I have the same need, have followed the documentation and set "use prices per product" but the delivery costs are not being added automatically in the cart. Did I miss anything elses in the settings? Thank you for your support.
Shop URT: web1217.login-4.loginserver.ch/shop.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #238317 by nicolas
Hi,

From what I can see, the problem is that you didn't enter any weight in your products and that you have the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: selma123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #238341 by selma123
Excellent, this did the trick, works now :-) Thanks a lot for your support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum