- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Remove wishlist button in free version
I am new to the Hikashop platform (starter 2.2.2) and have spent the last day and a half trying to find a solution to my issue.....
I want to have an online catalogue - so far i have achieved this except for one thing....
the "Add to wishlist" button appears when viewing the subcategory and the product listing. I have read all sorts about a simple flicking of the switch to disable this, but my (Free) starter version states "Only in commercial versions of Hikashop".
Now, i am reading this as i can only activate this facility if i upgrade? so therefore it should be switched off?
I also read that it is switched ON by default, so i am confused as to how i would achieve my catalogue of products which the free version allows you to activate (Features > Main > Catalogue mode > yes/no) without seeing the "add to wishlist" button.
Just to let you know i am using this as a platform to show a range of products, but would like the customer to contact me for further information. So could i use the wishlist to trigger an email submission?
Again i read this may only be possible in an upgrade?
I cant see why i cant use this starter version as a catalogue to display the products without any "calls to action"
Please can somebody help?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The best solution will probably be to enable the "Catalogue mode" through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->'Features'" by using the "Catalogue mode" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop->System->Configuration->'Features: catalog mode: Yes
Hikashop->System->Configuration->Wishlist: Enable the wishlists: No
Hikashop->System->Configuration->Wishlist: Hide wishlist button for guest users: Yes
Hikashop->System->Configuration->Wishlist: Display the convert cart in wishlist button: No
Hikashop->System->Configuration->Wishlist: Display compare button in wishlist display: No
Strange because in the free version, if you go to Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display>Default parameters for products: Display Add to Wishlist Button clearly says it's for the commercial version. I would not expect the button to appear in the free version regardless of what settings are checked/unchecked. The opposite is true though, I can't get rid of it.
Since it is in catalog only mode the wishlist button doesn't do anything, so I would really like to be able to get rid of it.
Any thoughts????
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Which version (number) of HikaShop are you using ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mine has disappeared and now works as a catalogue. This could be down to a cache issue or after all of my frustration I have actually changed a setting that has actually helped - though I can't tell you which one!
I know this does not resolve your issue but the cache could be the culprit. What it does show is that the system does allow a catalogue without a wish list button
Thanks to your replies and I will be following the progress of your issue defiant class.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
However it looks like the button does appear on all products once you drill down to the final product page (i.e. past the page that lists a number of products and down to the individual product's page. There is shows up for every product).
But some pages listing multiple products in a given category do not show the button, some do. It's strange.
Just trying to provide as much info as I can to help find the problem/fix.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks to check in your menu / module options if the option to display the wishlist button is enable, if it's the case, thanks to disable it.
Can you see via phpMyAdmin, in the table "#__hikashop_config" if the key "enable_wishlist" has the value "0", if not, thanks to set it to "0".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
I have found the key in the table you referred to and it is already set to 0.
I also checked the menu/module setting you talked about.
I was able to remove the Add to Wishlist button from the pages that list all products in that category. So that is progress. I had found that the "Display Add to Cart" parameter under Parameters for Products was set to Yes on some items. When I changed that to No, the Add to Wishlist button disappeared. Strange!!!
But still, if you continue clicking further, down to an individual product's page, it still has the Add to Wishlist button.
Any other suggestions??? Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
And can you set the "Display 'Add to wishlist' button" option to NO through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display->'Default parameters for products'".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to download again the latest package from our website ?
Some corrections have been made about that problem.
Else you can edit the view "product / quantity" via the menu Display > Views and remove/comment the part about the wishlists.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
I has to step away from this for a while for other stuff. I'm sorry to leave it so long.
I attempted to update via Documentation>>Update/About, but it said I had the latest version (2.2.2). I'm guessing the download on the site is a newer build of 2.2.2?? I can just install over my existing install with this downloaded file? I read the documentation about updating, but it was specific to using the built=in updater, not by way of downloading from the site.
I went to Display?Views and found product/quantity, but I found 32 instances of "wishlist" in there and I don't know what to comment out and what not to. It's a little beyond what I know how to do.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes you can install the downloaded package over your current install, it's updating like in the built in updater.
If you need the latest view for "product / quantity" you can replace your current view content by:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.