- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop does not show frontend
How do I get to see Hikashop front end so I can see how it works with our website (which I also have to set up from scratch, so not that much to see yet, I first want to see if and how the 2 work together). The page where I see the cart and all the other things you can see on the demo of Hikashop? For I have no clue how to create these pages myself and from what I understand Hikashop has its own template which does not interfere with my joomla template for the website.
Back end in the category menu I can't upload a picture and above the page all the items are listed in a huge blue banner instead of neatly above the controlpanel, can't click on them either that way:
(joomla logo shows like in the small blue banner it used to show and then the following:)
Systeem Configuratie Zones Betaal methoden Verzend methoden BTW Valuta Order statussen Bulk akties Artikelen Voeg artikel toe Artikelen Categorieën Karakteristieken Fabrikanten Series Importeer Klanten Klanten Stemmen Orders Orders Kortingen Weergave Weergaven Inhoud menus Inhoud modules Eigen velden Documentatie Documentatie Update / Over Forum.
What did I do wrong? And why does it not show frontend?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!!
Simone
PS The website I have for now (had a beautiful one made with the demo, but then for unknown reasons images did not display, so I am trying to build one from scratch) is fotoverweij.vanaltena.nl/joomla30/index.php/home
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regarding the menu bar in the backend, you need to change the option "menu position" to "above the content" in the configuration of HikaShop and it will display properly.
Regarding the display of your categories and products, I can see the webshop link just fine on your frontend, which then display the listing of the categories and when you click on a category, you get the listing of the products of that category and then you can click on that product.
As far as I can see, that is working fine on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regarding front end, if I put 1 test category there it shows like you can see (but not as pretty as on the demo), but where are the modules like shown on the demo with the my cart for instance? I would like to have those visible as well. Customers need to be able to see their cart. On the left you also have a module listing all categories & products etc. Now I can only link to that 1 test category in the main menu bar to that page you see now. We need modules with the above info on my screen. How do I show these? I would like to link the button webshop directly to a page like the demo shows, with all the modules left and featured products displayed.
Thanks!! I appreciate your help a lot, after all my hours of fruitless effort to create something workable for my husbands shop, I am grateful to have found some help!
Simone
PS How do I get rid of the link: HikaShop , Joomla!™ Online Store Component on that page? I don't know why it is there or what to do with it as it links to the hikashop site
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The footer can be turned off in the configuration of HikaShop with the "show footer" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes our demo website uses the template CSS to display the image.
The module have a special suffix ( cart ) so the classname of the div is : moduletable-cart
You can check the CSS file of our template : demo.hikashop.com/templates/hagane/css/template.css
And see the CSS rules for the " .moduletable-cart ". We put some commentaries in order to group rules for the different features.
Hope it will help you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do I still need to go into the css file and make the above changes you mentioned? I thought if I bought the styles, when implemented they would show as on the photos provided of that style. I am unsure of which parts of the css to change and where to put it... this is all new to me. I understand css changes design etc. but do not knoe the css language well enough to know where and how tp put what, that is why I bought the style and hoped the modules would show on my template as on the hikashop style page.
I would like to have the modules of the picture blue style shown as on the photos on hikashop for this style and change the color. How do I do this? Here you can see what I mean: fotoverweij.vanaltena.nl/joomla30/index.php/home
Thanks again!!
Regards,
Simone
PS All the modules/items I publish miss this bar at the top with the title. It shows the Joomla template title when activated, but I would like the full module to show, like my cart and categories. Where can I activate these and change the color to fit my template?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks heaps!!
Simone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.htmlSimone wrote: Hi, my other question still stands as well, how do I get rid of this link on my pages: HikaShop , Joomla!™ Online Store Component
Like I said : The module have a special suffix ( cart ) so the classname of the div is : moduletable-cartThe cart still does not show, the module with content of the cart does show nicely, but not the top part where you see the cart in the blue banner where it says 'my cart'.
You have to specify a class suffix in your Joomla module configuration for your "my cart" module.
After that, for the blue style, the image is configured but the CSS rule is commented.
You have to edit the style (in the backend of HikaShop) and remove the "/* */" just before and just after that:
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Removed those /* you said in the css in the backend of Hikashop and added 'moduletable-cart' in the module class suffix, but nothing changed. Did I need another word for the class suffix?
And how does this work for the the other modules? I would like to have a menu on the left listing all products that will be added later (like in the style), but with the bar showing the title. Categories and Articles do not show this either, is this all due to a class suffix that needs to be added? How do I know what to put there?
Thanks!
Simone
Note: I googled info about class suffix and read you need to add a space, this worked! It now shows the cart heading
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The CSS contains other part (which are commented too) for heading images.
They uses other suffixes than the "table-cart", the best is too look at the CSS file and see which heading images you want.
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did this already ( I think I have the right one), but the only thing that changed was that in the orange style, the dots appeared under the title. The font is way too large for the module and it just does not look like the picture on the hikashop styles page at all. I would ike to list the categories and its articles/products or brands to choose from in that neatly orange menu like module. It now has white bars underneath the orange ones as well and the text does not fit at all. I tried to change the h3 in other h numbers, thought that referred to heading, but it made no difference.
I was under the impression that I bought the syle as shown as I have little experience in Joomla and css, I see now I have to adjust more than I thought to get it to look like that, and I need a little help with that.. :blush:
Thanks again!
Simone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
there was the same behaviour on my site. The solution in my case is really simple : In the details of my shop module "cart", the option "Show title" was disabled.
Turn it on, and it works.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is on and was solved by adding a class suffix. The other modules are now giving me trouble in displaying its content as shown on the style from Hikashop. I have no idea how and where to solve this..
You can see what I mean here: www.fotoverweij.vanaltena.nl/joomla30/
I have the menu module of my template as well as the one from Hikashop, I would love the latter to show like on the orange style of Hikashop.
Help/ advise is greatly appreciated! We can only put the images, slides and products in when the site looks presentable.
Simone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can add the following properties in the frontend css file:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks! That already makes a big difference, I adjusted the font size so the text fits as well. Now I only have to fill it
Remains 1 question, how do I get the box to look like on the hikashop style example? Now it is in a larger grey like box, in the example it is a smaller box fitting the content if you know what I mean, with I think the same dots as underline the title, these look much better
I can see it has to do with the padding in the css, but do not know where to put what as to create the look it is supposed to have.
Your help is much appreciated!
Simone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.