- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Joomla 3.2 upgrade broke login/registration
12 years 10 months ago #131338
by mlabbe
Joomla 3.2 upgrade broke login/registration was created by mlabbe
Joomla 3.2 upgrade seems to have killed the login/registration page!
My shop was working until upgrade to Joomla 3.2. Now I'm trapped in an endless loop at the login/registration page. Valid entries in either login or registration, then hit either login or register button. Page refreshes, but does not proceed forward with next sale step.
HELP!!!!!
Cheers,
Mike
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.nerax.org/nerax-north/nn-ticket-sales
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 25.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
My shop was working until upgrade to Joomla 3.2. Now I'm trapped in an endless loop at the login/registration page. Valid entries in either login or registration, then hit either login or register button. Page refreshes, but does not proceed forward with next sale step.
HELP!!!!!
Cheers,
Mike
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.nerax.org/nerax-north/nn-ticket-sales
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 25.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #131370
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla 3.2 upgrade broke login/registration
Hi,
I did some tests on my end but Joomla 3.2 and HikaShop worked well together. I was able to register/login.
I also tried on your website and it actually worked too. I was able to finish the checkout.
I did some tests on my end but Joomla 3.2 and HikaShop worked well together. I was able to register/login.
I also tried on your website and it actually worked too. I was able to finish the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #131496
by mlabbe
Replied by mlabbe on topic Joomla 3.2 upgrade broke login/registration
OK. I have a bit more information. I am still seeing a problem, but have figured out why. The problem appears whenever a user has not completed the login / registration information correctly. It looks like the problem is that error messages are not displaying. That makes it appear that you are stuck on the page, but it's because there is something wrong with the entries, the user just doesn't know it.
I was able to replicate the problem by logging in with an incorrect username / password combination, or by attempting to create a new registration using my already registered email address, or submitting the form with required fields left blank. In all cases, the login / registration page simply refreshes, with no error message displayed.
Cheers,
Mike
I was able to replicate the problem by logging in with an incorrect username / password combination, or by attempting to create a new registration using my already registered email address, or submitting the form with required fields left blank. In all cases, the login / registration page simply refreshes, with no error message displayed.
Cheers,
Mike
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #131536
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla 3.2 upgrade broke login/registration
Hi,
I don't think that it's linked to the update in any way but that it comes from your template not displaying messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tibility-issues.html
I don't think that it's linked to the update in any way but that it comes from your template not displaying messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tibility-issues.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds