- Posts: 234
- Thank you received: 4
Update and email order confirmation change
12 years 10 months ago #132475
by mad-q
Update and email order confirmation change was created by mad-q
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.draganfly.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.16
-- Joomla version -- : 2.2.2
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have recently updated our hikashop. The emails that I receive with my order confirmation have changed dramatically. How can I change it back. I spent a great deal of time getting them how I like them and they have changed.
Yours
Iain gwynn
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.16
-- Joomla version -- : 2.2.2
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have recently updated our hikashop. The emails that I receive with my order confirmation have changed dramatically. How can I change it back. I spent a great deal of time getting them how I like them and they have changed.
Yours
Iain gwynn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132538
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hi,
When you had edited your emails, do you have done it via the menu System > Emails or directly via FTP ?
If it is via FTP, we generally prevent that when updating you will lose your changes.
If you used the interface via System > Emails you should not have lost your changes.
Don't you have made a backup before updating ?
When you had edited your emails, do you have done it via the menu System > Emails or directly via FTP ?
If it is via FTP, we generally prevent that when updating you will lose your changes.
If you used the interface via System > Emails you should not have lost your changes.
Don't you have made a backup before updating ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132544
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hello,
I have a backup of the complete folder, where would I be able to find the file which relates to the emails? Why has it changed my settings? Does everybody who updates have all of their settings changed? If so, why would I want to update in the future?
Yours
Iain
I have a backup of the complete folder, where would I be able to find the file which relates to the emails? Why has it changed my settings? Does everybody who updates have all of their settings changed? If so, why would I want to update in the future?
Yours
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132690
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hi,
With HikaShop 2.2.2 we improved the mails with a new templating system and a new design.
HikaShop offer you to override every elements : views, css, mail.
When updating HikaShop, if you have some overrides, they will be kept and still use.
The HikaShop configuration (which is stored in the database) is not altered or modified with updates.
If you modified directly a HikaShop core file (without using the override system), you will loose your modification during the update because every HikaShop core files are updated.
Regards,
With HikaShop 2.2.2 we improved the mails with a new templating system and a new design.
HikaShop offer you to override every elements : views, css, mail.
When updating HikaShop, if you have some overrides, they will be kept and still use.
The HikaShop configuration (which is stored in the database) is not altered or modified with updates.
If you modified directly a HikaShop core file (without using the override system), you will loose your modification during the update because every HikaShop core files are updated.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132842
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hello
Thank you for that, so how do I do any of that so that next time I do not have the same problem?
Also, which files from my backup should I upload to reset the "improved" mails to my designed ones.
Yours
Iain
Thank you for that, so how do I do any of that so that next time I do not have the same problem?
Also, which files from my backup should I upload to reset the "improved" mails to my designed ones.
Yours
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132847
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hi,
The overridden emails are in the folder "media/com_hikashop/mail", they have the keyword "modified" in their name.
The view overrides are in your template folder, it uses the default override system of Joomla ( template/your_template/html/com_hikashop/ )
Regards,
The overridden emails are in the folder "media/com_hikashop/mail", they have the keyword "modified" in their name.
The view overrides are in your template folder, it uses the default override system of Joomla ( template/your_template/html/com_hikashop/ )
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132857
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hellol Jerome
Thank you for that, but how do I stop it making these changes in future. I have found the template/hika shop folder but don't know what to do in there.
As an aside, I don't see how the new email order was better. The Order number on the email was different to the one on the website so you can't match them up. Also, there are no part numbers on the email, pictures, but no part numbers. So I would say not an improvment at all.
Which is rare for Hika shop since in the couple of years I have been using it you and the product have been excellent.
Yours
Iain
Thank you for that, but how do I stop it making these changes in future. I have found the template/hika shop folder but don't know what to do in there.
As an aside, I don't see how the new email order was better. The Order number on the email was different to the one on the website so you can't match them up. Also, there are no part numbers on the email, pictures, but no part numbers. So I would say not an improvment at all.
Which is rare for Hika shop since in the couple of years I have been using it you and the product have been excellent.
Yours
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132963
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hi,
There is an improvement in many respects. First, they are nicer than before. Second, you can now easily edit the emails via the menu System>Emails as there is no PHP code in them anymore, only HTML and tags.
So if you want to add the product code, you can simply do it by adding the corresponding tag:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...o-seller.html#132697
The order number should be the same, unless you have a bug:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...o-seller/132332.html
Finally, regarding future changes, if you had done your changes via the menu Display->Emails, you wouldn't have lost them as joomla only deletes the core files, not the override files that are created when you edit the emails via the interface we provide. So simply do the changes there and you'll be ok.
There is an improvement in many respects. First, they are nicer than before. Second, you can now easily edit the emails via the menu System>Emails as there is no PHP code in them anymore, only HTML and tags.
So if you want to add the product code, you can simply do it by adding the corresponding tag:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...o-seller.html#132697
The order number should be the same, unless you have a bug:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...o-seller/132332.html
Finally, regarding future changes, if you had done your changes via the menu Display->Emails, you wouldn't have lost them as joomla only deletes the core files, not the override files that are created when you edit the emails via the interface we provide. So simply do the changes there and you'll be ok.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133246
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Hello Nicolas
Yes there is a bug in it and what you have listed in the other thread would correct it.
Do other people not use the product code? Because we have just over 20,000 products and an image of the product and description isn't an improvement. I would have thought that product code would be the first thing to put in an online order. I would agree that HTML would be a massive improvement.
I don't understand, I don't have an option under Display that gives emails. I have Views, Content menus... I edited mine under System>emails.
Thanks
Iain
Yes there is a bug in it and what you have listed in the other thread would correct it.
Do other people not use the product code? Because we have just over 20,000 products and an image of the product and description isn't an improvement. I would have thought that product code would be the first thing to put in an online order. I would agree that HTML would be a massive improvement.
I don't understand, I don't have an option under Display that gives emails. I have Views, Content menus... I edited mine under System>emails.
Thanks
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133415
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update and email order confirmation change
Yes, I meant System>Emails.
Most people don't need the product code there (most people don't even display it anywhere) and we had a lot of request in order to have the images in the emails. So by default, we try to have what most people use but of course, you can never have a one size fit all solution. that's why we made the emails easier to change so that people can customize them more easily to their needs.
Most people don't need the product code there (most people don't even display it anywhere) and we had a lot of request in order to have the images in the emails. So by default, we try to have what most people use but of course, you can never have a one size fit all solution. that's why we made the emails easier to change so that people can customize them more easily to their needs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds