Skip to main content

menu links

More
12 years 10 months ago #132750 by sharpy
menu links was created by sharpy
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.sharpylook.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Explorer 9, google chrome, firefox, safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The requested page cannot be found.


Could you guys please tell me why, with all categories and products well organized no menu link( categories listing, products listing, product page...etc) can work on my site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132752 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic menu links
There is something on your website which adds "sharpy" in all the URLs where it should not be the case. Can you make sure that didn't didn't set a live_site parameter in the joomla configuration.php file, or that you set it but not with your correct website URL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132759 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
This is a fresh installed Joomla and Hikashop and nothing else. What do you think that could be the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132793 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
"sharpy" is the folder in which Joomla is installed for the domain name 'sharpylook.com', because I have more than one site on my hosting account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132826 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic menu links
As I said, edit the configuration.php file of Joomla and enter the URL of the website in the live_site parameter of the file and that should help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132837 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
It's ok now thanks, I've fixed it. It was something else not what you said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #132979 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic menu links
Great ! What was it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134027 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
It was a communication problem between Joomla and Apache. Joomla fix this problem in two steps:

1- Go to backend of your site - go to global configuration – go to site – There, set “Use URL rewriting” to yes.
2- Go to your server and rename “htaccess.txt” file to “.htaccess”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #134112 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic menu links
Hi,

Thanks to have shared this solution, this will probably help some users :)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134165 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
Hi guys!

I'm trying to import products from an Excel CSV file, but I'm confused on how to setup the images so they can show up properly in my store.

Could someone please starts from scratch and show me step-by-step how to go with the images from the manufacturer' site, through Excel, Joomla to hikashop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134281 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic menu links
Hi,

Have you read that ?

If you have images or files along with your products, first place them in the "upload folder" option of the configuration under the tab files. You can add a column name 'images' or 'files' where you can specify the images name separated by one of the supported separator different from the main separator you're using in your file ( , ; | ) unless you're double quoting the information.
So for example you could have this:
product_name,images
My product,"image_front.jpg,image_back.jpg"

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...shop-import.html#csv

To have images from external source, you can put the full image path instead of the local one :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134421 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
Thanks! I didn't read that part sorry, I'll read it and give you a feedback .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134592 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
My friends can you please tell me why am I having trouble seeing my product images even after my CSV files got imported with no error.


This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


I read the CSV import section, but I'm still confused because I see no effect on the front end when I insert the image folder in the "upload folder" box. I got the product images folder on my desktop, what do I do from there...I need a 1, 2, 3 explanation to make the images show in my store.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134593 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
Do I have to enter each image one-by-one even if I have the CSV files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #134658 by sharpy
Replied by sharpy on topic menu links
never mind, I got it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum