- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 3
migrating from joomla 1.5 to 3
12 years 10 months ago #132773
by NADEJDE
migrating from joomla 1.5 to 3 was created by NADEJDE
www.coloidale.ro/
-- last
-- Joomla version --1.5, 3.2
-- PHP version -- last
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Do you have some advices for migrating an entire shop from joomla 1.5.26 site to 3.2 site? I tried export to csv and it didn't work. I haven't upgraded the hikashop to the last version on 1.5.26 site yet, but I will do it today. I think that it is more than csv, as I need setings, etc, too...
Paul
-- last
-- Joomla version --1.5, 3.2
-- PHP version -- last
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Do you have some advices for migrating an entire shop from joomla 1.5.26 site to 3.2 site? I tried export to csv and it didn't work. I haven't upgraded the hikashop to the last version on 1.5.26 site yet, but I will do it today. I think that it is more than csv, as I need setings, etc, too...
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #132820
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic migrating from joomla 1.5 to 3
Hi,
The simplest is to export all the hikashop_* tables of your old website and import them in the new website after deleting them in the new database. All that can be done with HikaShop.
You'll also have to copy the files in media/com_hikashop from the old to the new website and please note that you should only do that if both websites have the exact same version of HikaShop and ideally with the users having the same ids on both websites already.
The simplest is to export all the hikashop_* tables of your old website and import them in the new website after deleting them in the new database. All that can be done with HikaShop.
You'll also have to copy the files in media/com_hikashop from the old to the new website and please note that you should only do that if both websites have the exact same version of HikaShop and ideally with the users having the same ids on both websites already.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133263
by NADEJDE
Replied by NADEJDE on topic migrating from joomla 1.5 to 3
Hmmm, let me understand:
I upgrade (already did) at hikashop 2.2 on joomla 1.5.26 (by the way, nice done with the client e-mail, love it!)
I make a new installation of joomla3.2 let say, and I install hikashop 2.2.
At this moment all is blank in hikashop on joomla 3.2
Exported old database and migrated it with "migrateme" extension for joomla3.2
Now, I can migrate it directly in the site database, or transfer it with "sptransfer"extension. In both ways, I have no product in the ne site.
Now, you are saying that before importing I should delete hk_tables from joomla 3.2 database? Please let me know if I understood correctly. I haven't done it this way. Yet.
Thank you.
I upgrade (already did) at hikashop 2.2 on joomla 1.5.26 (by the way, nice done with the client e-mail, love it!)
I make a new installation of joomla3.2 let say, and I install hikashop 2.2.
At this moment all is blank in hikashop on joomla 3.2
Exported old database and migrated it with "migrateme" extension for joomla3.2
Now, I can migrate it directly in the site database, or transfer it with "sptransfer"extension. In both ways, I have no product in the ne site.
Now, you are saying that before importing I should delete hk_tables from joomla 3.2 database? Please let me know if I understood correctly. I haven't done it this way. Yet.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133337
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic migrating from joomla 1.5 to 3
Yes, that's what I said. you should delete all the hikashop tables in the new website, export the tables from the old one and import them in the new one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133359
by NADEJDE
Replied by NADEJDE on topic migrating from joomla 1.5 to 3
Definitely it worth working with you guys! I thought you are talking nonsense, but I tried and it worked IN THE MOST SIMPLE AND EASY WAY!.
First, I tried SP Upgrade, SPTransfer, MigrateMe. None of them worked, ( a note should be made: the MigrateMe team tried to help me very much though but...).
So here are the steps:
New joomla3.2 installation, with the same database prefix (example jos_).
Same hikashop installation both sides.
Then export hikashop tables from old database.
Deleting the hikashop tables from the new database.
Importing the hikashop tables from the old database in the new one.
And that is all. I hope, anyway, time to check now.
I heard enough bullshit like: you cant do it without ”xxx” extension. Maybe for other extensions it is the case. But there it is for hika shop, done in 2-3 minutes.
Thank you.
Paul
First, I tried SP Upgrade, SPTransfer, MigrateMe. None of them worked, ( a note should be made: the MigrateMe team tried to help me very much though but...).
So here are the steps:
New joomla3.2 installation, with the same database prefix (example jos_).
Same hikashop installation both sides.
Then export hikashop tables from old database.
Deleting the hikashop tables from the new database.
Importing the hikashop tables from the old database in the new one.
And that is all. I hope, anyway, time to check now.
I heard enough bullshit like: you cant do it without ”xxx” extension. Maybe for other extensions it is the case. But there it is for hika shop, done in 2-3 minutes.
Thank you.
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds