- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #133605
by ilovekratom
Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form was created by ilovekratom
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 - HikaShop [1310121420]
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
After we updated Hikashop business to version 2.2.2 we noticed that our custom Back-End field called Order Notes stopped working. The Order Notes custom field is located in the Additional Information section of the customer invoice on the Back-End and we can select the edit option and go as far as to type in the note but it does not save the entered text. We haven't changed anything regarding this field. To trouble shoot, I created another custom field and disabled the "Order Notes" custom field and we had the same problem. I've attached 2 screenshots. The first screenshot shows the custom field settings and the second shows the field and edit popup on the Back-End.
We can still add notes to the order history, just not our "Order Notes" custom field. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks so much for your help. We love Hikashop
Hugs,
Natalie
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 - HikaShop [1310121420]
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
After we updated Hikashop business to version 2.2.2 we noticed that our custom Back-End field called Order Notes stopped working. The Order Notes custom field is located in the Additional Information section of the customer invoice on the Back-End and we can select the edit option and go as far as to type in the note but it does not save the entered text. We haven't changed anything regarding this field. To trouble shoot, I created another custom field and disabled the "Order Notes" custom field and we had the same problem. I've attached 2 screenshots. The first screenshot shows the custom field settings and the second shows the field and edit popup on the Back-End.
We can still add notes to the order history, just not our "Order Notes" custom field. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks so much for your help. We love Hikashop
Hugs,
Natalie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133612
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Hi,
Maximum length : 0
That is the problem.
Regards,
Maximum length : 0
That is the problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #133614
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
If I leave the "Maximum Length" field blank, it automatically defaults to 0 as soon as I click save. I also tried putting "500" in the "Maximum length" field and it still doesn't work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #133684
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Hi,
You have to remove the input filtering too.
Regards,
You have to remove the input filtering too.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #134353
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Hi Jerome, the input filtering is set to "no", but it's still not working. Any other ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #134356
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Below are the items that I've tried so far and I've attached a screen shot of the new custom field settings. Let me know what you think. Thanks so much for your help 
- Input filtering is set to "No" with no success
- Read only is set to "No" with no success
- I disabled the original "Order Notes" custom field and created a "Test Field" with no success
- I deleted the original "Order Notes" and "Test Field" custom fields and started with a new custom field with no success.
- I changed the "field type" to several other types including "text area" and tested it with no success
- I added custom "Access Levels" for Super Admin only with no success
- I tested the "Maximum Length" as 0 and as 150 and 300 with no success.
- I tried making the field "Required" with no success
- Input filtering is set to "No" with no success
- Read only is set to "No" with no success
- I disabled the original "Order Notes" custom field and created a "Test Field" with no success
- I deleted the original "Order Notes" and "Test Field" custom fields and started with a new custom field with no success.
- I changed the "field type" to several other types including "text area" and tested it with no success
- I added custom "Access Levels" for Super Admin only with no success
- I tested the "Maximum Length" as 0 and as 150 and 300 with no success.
- I tried making the field "Required" with no success
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134549
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
The configuration of the custom field is ok as far as I can see.
Can you turn on the debug modeand error reporting of the joomla configuration and try again ? Do you get any error ?
Can you turn on the debug modeand error reporting of the joomla configuration and try again ? Do you get any error ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #134613
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Hi Nicolas, I just emailed them to you.
Regards,
Keith
Regards,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134635
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
I got your screenshots but these are on the pages displaying the fields which work ok. The problem being that the value you enter in it doesn't save, please do the same for the page after you click on 'save'. Do you get any error ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 9 months ago #134714
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Hi Nicolas, those reports are from the page after I save. When I enter text I select save and it looks ok, but the field is blank and no text is saved.
I can message you a login and password to our test site so you can see the issue. I'll do that now.
I can message you a login and password to our test site so you can see the issue. I'll do that now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ilovekratom
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 9 months ago #134715
by ilovekratom
Replied by ilovekratom on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
I messaged you login credentials to see what's happening on the site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #134993
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom Fields not working in Back-End Form
Hi,
I got your access and checked your backend. The issue comes from your terms custom field where you didn't configure any value for it while requiring it. So the system was refusing the save. After adding a value to it, it's working fine.
I got your access and checked your backend. The issue comes from your terms custom field where you didn't configure any value for it while requiring it. So the system was refusing the save. After adding a value to it, it's working fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds