- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Trouble moving store between servers
- cmpellison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #138523
by cmpellison
Trouble moving store between servers was created by cmpellison
I just finished doing development for a client on my test server and did the normal 'export/import' of the database and archive/move/un-archive of the site files on the other server. For the most part everything is working fine, except my HkaShop. Any call to the shop at all produces a blank screen and the only code that gets spit to the page has something with:
The strange thing is in the backend of the Hikashop some products come up, but others produce the same 'blank hang' when you click on them. I thought perhaps there was possible corruption in the file transfer process, but I attempted it twice, with different SQL files and site file archives.
For all intents and purposes the two site environments are identical, both linux servers, both running Apache, both running PHP 5.3, but my test server was running MySQL 5.0.96 (I can't tell if that's the libmysql version or software version) and the new production server is running 5.5.33 - libmysql verion 5.0.96 (should that make a difference?) There isn't really any other difference for these two Joomla systems as they are identical in build on both ends.
I'm really in a bind here
Code:
<div style="display:none;"><a rel="{handler: 'iframe',size: {x: 480, y: 140}}" id="hikashop_notice_box_trigger_link" href="/component/hikashop/checkout/notice/cart_type-cart/tmpl-component"></a><a rel="{handler: 'iframe',size: {x: 480, y: 140}}" id="hikashop_notice_wishlist_box_trigger_link" href="/component/hikashop/checkout/notice/cart_type-wishlist/tmpl-component"></a></div>
The strange thing is in the backend of the Hikashop some products come up, but others produce the same 'blank hang' when you click on them. I thought perhaps there was possible corruption in the file transfer process, but I attempted it twice, with different SQL files and site file archives.
For all intents and purposes the two site environments are identical, both linux servers, both running Apache, both running PHP 5.3, but my test server was running MySQL 5.0.96 (I can't tell if that's the libmysql version or software version) and the new production server is running 5.5.33 - libmysql verion 5.0.96 (should that make a difference?) There isn't really any other difference for these two Joomla systems as they are identical in build on both ends.
I'm really in a bind here
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by cmpellison.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cmpellison
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #138527
by cmpellison
Replied by cmpellison on topic Trouble moving store between servers
Oy, ok, so after turning on the debugging for the new Joomla I discovered that there was a script memory problem - Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 87 bytes) in the mysqli.php database script. As per some other suggestions I set the memory size of that up to 100M, as I can't adjust the max memory size for my PHP above 64M. Using: ini_set("memory_limit","100M");
Is that all that would cause everything to fail? Is this safe to do? Things seem to be working normally now.
Is that all that would cause everything to fail? Is this safe to do? Things seem to be working normally now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #138613
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Trouble moving store between servers
If the blank page causes is a memory limit fatal error, then yes, increase the memory_limit is a solution and safe to do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds