Skip to main content

Import products from old website to a new one

More
12 years 8 months ago #140122 by gerardtb
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.monpetitkleding.nl with WAMP
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.17
-- PHP version -- :5.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi,
I building a new website with JSN template and I like to import the product from the old website to the new one (test on WAMP server).
I have some questions:
# first I must export products with the csv file export and import this in the new webshop
- Can Can I also use the images on the old website and copy them in the new one?
- Where can I find the images?
# I use WAMP with Hikashop starter because I can't install the business edition
- Is it posible to install the hikashop business edition on a WAMP server and when no what is the solution for it?

Is there a other way to import old products in the new website?

Ones again thanks for teh support.
Best regards,
Gerard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #140172 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes you can. The images are in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload, so simply copy them to that same folder on the new website.

It sure is possible to install the Business edition on WAMP. If you have an error when you do, it means that you should modify the settings of XAMP and increase the upload limit/max execution time/memory limit parameters of PHP so that the joomla installer has enough resources to be able to install it. An alternative is to extract the Business edition package in the tmp folder of your website and run the "install from directory" for it as it needs a lot less resources in that case.

Another way to import the products is to export the HikaShop tables from the old website's database via phpmyadmin and import them on the new website's database via phpmyadmin after removing the tables (it requires that you have the same version of HikaShop on both websites).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #140217 by gerardtb
Hi nicolas,
Thanks for your idea. The installation of Hikashop business is solved!

Now I get error when I import the csv file from the old website www.monpetitkleding.nl in to the new one (WAMP).
For me it looks good.
Do you know what is wrong?

Thanks, Gerard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #140218 by gerardtb
Mybe it is a language problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #140219 by gerardtb
I'm sorry it works all most 100% OK.
Only a few error.
Mybe yoy can help me with that.
Also the import of the images went well!
Thanks and I hope you can help me with the error's still assist.
Best regards,
Gerard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #140289 by nicolas
Hi,

The errors indicate that you had characteristics and/or custom product fields configured on your old website that you don't have on your new website. So you need to create them on your new website before importing the CSV and you won't have these errors as the system will then be able to import the data of the products for these characteristics/custom fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum