Skip to main content

Blank screen after install

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #140215 by Exess1000
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hello all,
I am a novice at this and hope someone can help. Every time I hit the upload and install button it is uploading to 100% and then the screen goes blank. I hit "back" and i'm brought to the extension page again with nothing installed.

I installed a different extension and worked with no problems.

Help.

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Exess1000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #140230 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Blank screen after install
Hi,

Are you trying to upload the "tar.gz" file or the "zip" one ?
Some server does not support correctly the "tar.gz" compression so the "zip" file could be better.
And because the HikaShop package is not very small, so it is possible that your server uses too much time to extract the files and reach the execution time limit.

If you have a complete blank screen it means that you have a PHP error. By activating the debug mode or changing the Joomla configuration "error reporting level" to "maximum" or "development", you should be able to see the error and not just this blank screen.
If we can have the error message, it will be easier to know how to resolve the issue.

More about the problem : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-install.html#errors
Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141510 by Exess1000
Hi Jerome,

Where can I find the zip install file? Hopefully I will work that way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141513 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141520 by Exess1000
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried installing it and it's still having a problem. At least i'm NOT getting blank screen this time. The error message is "There was an error uploading this file to the server."

I turned on the debug mode but I don't know what i'm looking at or looking for in order to post here.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #141546 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Blank screen after install
Hi,

"There was an error uploading this file to the server." means that the package file is bigger than your upload limitation.
Please change your upload limitation in your PHP settings.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exess1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146203 by kjh
Replied by kjh on topic Blank screen after install

Jerome wrote: Hi,

"There was an error uploading this file to the server." means that the package file is bigger than your upload limitation.
Please change your upload limitation in your PHP settings.

Regards,


Solved my problme as well after I changed the upload size to 3M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #173552 by LemonChip
Hi I'm having the same problem and hoping this will work for me... How do you change the limitation in the PHP settings?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173566 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Blank screen after install
Hi,

It's not related to HikaShop, please make a simple search on a web search engine : "php upload limitation".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173714 by LemonChip
I understand this isn't to do with hikashop but a lot of people including me rely on this forum to figure out how to solve the problems... Would it not be worth offering an install option so people could use the "install from url" feature in joomla?

Wouldn't that easily get around the upload limitation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #173752 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Blank screen after install
Hi,

If only we could :)
I was in a Joomla development group in order to improve the Joomla installer ; unfortunately, some people in the group didn't have the same idea on "how implement the new installer" that the Joomla PLT had. So the group closed.
But I still have my code for the improvements of the Joomla install and I hope that it will be integrated one day.

HikaShop is not the only component with that limitation problem...

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum