- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Joomla 2.5.16 and Hikashop - several launguages
12 years 8 months ago #140313
by thomasb
Joomla 2.5.16 and Hikashop - several launguages was created by thomasb
www.tbfoto.dk/test/index.php/en/products-uk
-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox - 26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have made a Joomla site with several languages. I have used Joomla system to make these sites. With Danish, English and Polish.
I have made integration between every menu item, so that if you click on Produckt in English, and switch to Danish, you will stay on the
product page. Everything works fine
But then I installed hikashop with the Extension "joomfish" because I need the same products katalog in 3 languages also.
And after the extention: Database Abstraction Layer is active my menu integration fails.
I know it is because of joomfish i got these problems.
My question is now. do you have an solution to how I make such a page in several launguges.
Do I have to make everything in joomfish and not in Joomla, or is there another way to solve this ?
Best regards
Thomas
-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox - 26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
I have made a Joomla site with several languages. I have used Joomla system to make these sites. With Danish, English and Polish.
I have made integration between every menu item, so that if you click on Produckt in English, and switch to Danish, you will stay on the
product page. Everything works fine
But then I installed hikashop with the Extension "joomfish" because I need the same products katalog in 3 languages also.
And after the extention: Database Abstraction Layer is active my menu integration fails.
I know it is because of joomfish i got these problems.
My question is now. do you have an solution to how I make such a page in several launguges.
Do I have to make everything in joomfish and not in Joomla, or is there another way to solve this ?
Best regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #140357
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla 2.5.16 and Hikashop - several launguages
Hi,
You should be able to use JoomFish and the joomla translation system at the same time on your website.
However, most of the times, I use JoomFish in order to translate the menu items themselves. That allows for a cleaner structure of the menu items and never had issue with the menus.
You should be able to use JoomFish and the joomla translation system at the same time on your website.
However, most of the times, I use JoomFish in order to translate the menu items themselves. That allows for a cleaner structure of the menu items and never had issue with the menus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds