- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
community builder registration
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I have a site that is already set up with CB registration. I have separate fields for first name and last name. I need it this way for my other applications.
I need to either
a) force community builder registration by redirect
b) change Hikashop registration from a single line 'name' field to first name and last name that goes properly into CB
c) use the first name and last name from the address section go to CB and remove the single line name field.
d) take away all of the Hikashop login and registration and replace with a joomla module position.
I'm trying to be flexible. Any one of these options would probably work for me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You also say that you're disappointed with the registration in HikaShop but you don't say why. Could you explain why ? Maybe you're missing something that is actually already possible and doesn't require to change all the registration of HikaShop to fix but just change one or two options in the configuration.
a. it depends on the page you're talking about but a small code addition should allow you to add such redirect;
b. There is already a first name and last name field on the address area and if you fill them, they will go to CB fields properlyif you have a recent version of HikaShop.
c. There is no option to remove the name field only but if you set the "Registration" option of the configuration to "no registration" that field as well as the username fields will be removed.
d. If you're talking about the checkout, remove the "login" view of your "checkout workflow" and either display the login module on the left/right column of your template, or add a module anywhere ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...embed-a-include/6402 ) tag to the beginning of the "login" file of the view "checkout via the menu Display>Views followed by
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
I'm talking about the login area on the checkout.I don't know if you're talking about the registration and login area on the checkout, or the registration form page of HikaShop.
Ok, I'll test that, but I also need to get rid of the single line 'name' field. Nobody wants to enter their name twice.b. There is already a first name and last name field on the address area and if you fill them, they will go to CB fields properlyif you have a recent version of HikaShop.
I don't see how to do that. I can see where to set 'login' to No. However, even if were to do that, the customer won't know what to do when they go to check out.c. There is no option to remove the name field only but if you set the "Registration" option of the configuration to "no registration" that field as well as the username fields will be removed.
I'll try that today and get back to you. Thanksd. If you're talking about the checkout, remove the "login" view of your "checkout workflow" and either display the login module on the left/right column of your template, or add a module anywhere ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...embed-a-include/6402 ) tag to the beginning of the "login" file of the view "checkout via the menu Display>Views followed by <?php return; ?>
Because this is so difficult. It shouldn't be such a chore to not require a customer to enter their name twice etc.You also say that you're disappointed with the registration in HikaShop but you don't say why. Could you explain why ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
For my situation, the purchase must be associated with a joomla account, so they have to be logged in before checking out.
Right now, the guests can run through paypal etc. This will not work.
I need to at least hide the 'Finish' button or replace it for visitors who are not logged in. (status = guest vs status = registered)
also
If you're talking about the checkout, remove the "login" view of your "checkout workflow" and either display the login module on the left/right column of your template, or add a module anywhere ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...embed-a-include/6402 ) tag to the beginning of the "login" file of the view "checkout via the menu Display>Views followed by <?php return; ?>
Can you elaborate on this please? I know I can load a module position in an article with {loadposition x} But how do I do that in the hikashop checkout page? Also, how do I assign a module to the checkout page? It's not in the menu selection list of joomla module manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
Again, I'm not talking about the "Login" option. I'm talking about the the "Registration" option. Set it to "simplified registration" and that will remove the "name"/"username" and you will still have your customers linked to joomla users.
If I do that, the registration fields show in a way that would work for me, except there is no password field for the customers who want to register.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
But I'm not receiving the confirmation email that I get when registering via CB.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you're talking about the activation link in the notification email, HikaShop bases itself on the joomla user manager options to add it to the email or not so you need to check the joomla user manager settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
In Joomla, new user account activation is set to 'Self'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you configure properly (according to your hosting company recommendations) the Emails settings of the joomla configuration and the hikashop configuration ?
Did you unpublish the user account email via the menu System>Emails (business edition only) ?
Did you check your spam folder ?
Do you have any error during the registration process ? If not, are the errors displayable by your template ( www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html ) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
For now I just tried removing all captcha and removing the activation email altogether so there are fewer barriers to checkout.
But I still need them to reigster. So when we get to the checkout page, it shows the cart with items in it, and shows registration fields. If I register, it just jumps to a blank page that says 'message' and that's it. Cart is cleared and im not logged in. I don't know what to do. I have to log in and re select the items to purchase.
Obviously this is not a good checkout flow. What do I need to do so that registration goes straight to the next step in checkout?
This would mean automatically logging in the user and jump to paypal.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So the best is to go in the options of the joomla user manager and turn off the activation and you will go strait to the next step of the checkout after the registration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
There is still another issue though,
When the user chooses a State when registering in Hikashop, I need for this to go into a custom field in community builder for CB_State.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
Just in case there are others out there who find this thread I have to say that HikaShop and Community Builder do not particularly play well together. In my case I had to make a ton of compromises and adjust my entire registration process from being centered around community builder to be centered around HikaShop. What I ended up with is not ideal.
In my situation, I am selling courses, so a user must be registered before purchasing so that the purchase is linked to an account. This can be done inside the Hikashop checkout page, but I had issues with linking the information entered with the community builder account. Namely some address fields. To work around this, I made the purchase redirect to the community builder edit profile page so that after a purchase, the user can complete the address information that is necessary.
Figuring out all of this took me many hours of work, learning the hikashop back end, and troubleshooting getting it to play with the other stuff I already had in place.
The trade off is that Hikashop is pretty good if you can get the business edition because you have the option for custom coupons and affiliate payments which you don't have out of the box for virtuemart.
I may stick with this for a while until I can afford some custom development to integrate something like open cart.
Good Luck.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
I need 'username' but not 'name'
What do I need to do to have only username?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then you would need to set back the registration option to "registration" and change the line:
$main = array('name','username', 'email','password','password2');
to:
$main = array('username', 'email','password','password2');
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/user/view.html.php to remove the check on that field and then you'll need to add such CSS to hide the field:
.hikashop_registration_username_line{display:none; }
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zipadyduda
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 140
- Thank you received: 0
.hikashop_registration_name_line{display:none; }
Would you happen to know how I make the registration form 2 columns?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you edit the file "registration" (or "registration_bootstrap" if you have the "use bootstrap design" option turned on in the configuration) via the menu Display>Views, you can change the HTML table in order to have it on two columns.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.