- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
Page blank caused by SSL certificate
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #142573
by lukehold
Page blank caused by SSL certificate was created by lukehold
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
notascratch.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hi,
I have been having issues with either the SSL certificate feature or the terms and conditions fix for 'articles' showing. My host informs me that:
notascratch.com/ doesn't display any images despite all the HTML being there, and the images being loaded. As you can see, the images do load over SSL, e.g. notascratch.com/images/4or5_images/4or5_02.png
It looks like something in the CSS is changing depending on SSL / non-SSL.
The main part of the page is in a div with the ID "rt-transition". Over non-SSL, this gets the class "rt-visible". Over SSL, for some reason it has the class "rt-hidden", which has the attribute "opacity: 0". Looks like the page has some sort of "fade in" code that doesn't work properly on the SSL version of the site
Essentially what is going wrong is that a customer enters the checkout process and gets a blank screen. It is blank because it is being made hidden. Please note I had changed the 'terms' file to include the menu ID fix yesterday, before I implemented SSL last night for the first time, and experienced the same problem when entering checkout. This might be a coincidence.
My site is now unable to accept orders so I would appreciate some quick help. I am happy to provide login details to admin. Can you please advise?
Thanks,
Luke
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Hi,
I have been having issues with either the SSL certificate feature or the terms and conditions fix for 'articles' showing. My host informs me that:
notascratch.com/ doesn't display any images despite all the HTML being there, and the images being loaded. As you can see, the images do load over SSL, e.g. notascratch.com/images/4or5_images/4or5_02.png
It looks like something in the CSS is changing depending on SSL / non-SSL.
The main part of the page is in a div with the ID "rt-transition". Over non-SSL, this gets the class "rt-visible". Over SSL, for some reason it has the class "rt-hidden", which has the attribute "opacity: 0". Looks like the page has some sort of "fade in" code that doesn't work properly on the SSL version of the site
Essentially what is going wrong is that a customer enters the checkout process and gets a blank screen. It is blank because it is being made hidden. Please note I had changed the 'terms' file to include the menu ID fix yesterday, before I implemented SSL last night for the first time, and experienced the same problem when entering checkout. This might be a coincidence.
My site is now unable to accept orders so I would appreciate some quick help. I am happy to provide login details to admin. Can you please advise?
Thanks,
Luke
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by lukehold. Reason: I tried to move this to another category but there isn't one for issues like this. I will leave it here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #142593
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Page blank caused by SSL certificate
Hi,
These rt- classes come from your template (RocketTheme):
www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15...81791&rb_v=viewtopic
I guess that you'll probably find your solution in the settings of your template or by changing the CSS of your template.
These rt- classes come from your template (RocketTheme):
www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15...81791&rb_v=viewtopic
I guess that you'll probably find your solution in the settings of your template or by changing the CSS of your template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lukehold
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #142613
by lukehold
Replied by lukehold on topic Page blank caused by SSL certificate
Thanks Nicolas, that was exactly the problem. Nifty little rocket theme function called 'transition', that also makes secure sites invisible :-o
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds