- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Admin notification email Hi.... name is blank
12 years 7 months ago #142898
by webxc-mfx
Admin notification email Hi.... name is blank was created by webxc-mfx
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
order_admin_notification.preload.php reflects:
'HI_CUSTOMER' => JText::sprintf('HI_CUSTOMER', @$mail->to_name),
I cannot find where $mail->to_name might be populated.
I have a few HikaShop 2.2.3 sites where the admin notification body reflects:
Hi ,
SUMMARY OF THE ORDER
I can hard code the admins name in the preload file and have my customer satisfied, but I would like to know what the problem is.
Thanks for any advise.
order_admin_notification.preload.php reflects:
'HI_CUSTOMER' => JText::sprintf('HI_CUSTOMER', @$mail->to_name),
I cannot find where $mail->to_name might be populated.
I have a few HikaShop 2.2.3 sites where the admin notification body reflects:
Hi ,
SUMMARY OF THE ORDER
I can hard code the admins name in the preload file and have my customer satisfied, but I would like to know what the problem is.
Thanks for any advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #142988
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Admin notification email Hi.... name is blank
Hi,
It's actually not a problem.
There is no setting to set the admin name for admin notifications so the system doesn't have anything to rely on to add it there.
That's why you just see "Hi,".
We didn't feel that adding an option for that would be worth it as we already have plenty of options and that this wasn't really an issue.
If you want to add a name there, I would have recommended to edit the preload file, so what you did is great.
It's actually not a problem.
There is no setting to set the admin name for admin notifications so the system doesn't have anything to rely on to add it there.
That's why you just see "Hi,".
We didn't feel that adding an option for that would be worth it as we already have plenty of options and that this wasn't really an issue.
If you want to add a name there, I would have recommended to edit the preload file, so what you did is great.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds