- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 1
Community Builder Registration at Cart
CB asks that you disable "Allow User Registration" the Joomla user manager... However, with this disabled hikashop displays "Registration not allowed" in the log-in/registration area. In a perfect world, I would like the registration form from community builder integrated.
However, my concern now is for a customer to be able to register. Is there any way to do this without enabling the Joomla user manager?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure if HikaShop has a CB integration or not. If they do they should check CBs registration settings and use CB API to create a user. If not then they're creating users likely through Joomla API and it will not push to CB. We do join _users, but they will not have a _comprofiler row and will be out of sync (unconfirmed and unapproved).
My question is: What will happen?
You'll have a backdoor registration inviting spammers to slam your site.
You can install our free CB Core Redirect to ensure core Joomla user object can not be accessed (it'll redirect to CB as needed) to avoid this, but I don't know if it'll negatively impact HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now I just need to wrap my head around a redirect back to the cart after the registration has been confirmed.
/Tiffany
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would you be able to send a link that describes the integration between HikaShop and Community builder registration. I looked but I was unable to find anything. That was I can get my head around it better.
/Tiffany
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no link describing the integration as there is not much to say. It's automatic.
If you're saying that CB doesn't get the address of the user in the CB fields, that's normal as there is no integration for that. I was only talking about the registration/login.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, if it does like CB said it will. Has the CB Core Redirect install been tested?
Quote I am referring to:
"My question is: What will happen?
You'll have a backdoor registration inviting spammers to slam your site.
You can install our free CB Core Redirect to ensure core Joomla user object can not be accessed (it'll redirect to CB as needed) to avoid this, but I don't know if it'll negatively impact HikaShop."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We don't use CB on our website and use HikaShop's registration and it works just fine, we don't have a backdoor for spammers as far as I know.
I've never heard of CB Core Redirect and never used it, so I don't know if it will work or not with HikaShop. So far no one reported that it didn't, that's all I can say.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We just upgraded to 3.0.1 and now people who register in the checkout process are NOT being added to Community Builder (CB). They are only being added to the core Joomla user area.
We do have the core Joomla user system set to allow registration.
We are running the latest version of CB and Joomla 3.7.1.
Is there some new settings (or plugin) somewhere in HS 3.x that needs to be set properly?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It should still be working.
As we've redone the whole checkout system, the code has changed, so something might have broken.
Also, we didn't test the new checkout with CB so it might still be a real problem.
The function that is being used in the "register" function in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php
In there, near the end of the function, the function addAndConfirmUserInCB is called and that's this function which adds the user to CB.
So the first thing would be to add some logging in there ( with JLog for example: docs.joomla.org/Using_JLog ) to see if that addAndConfirmUserInCB function is being called.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As you can see, there is no reply to the last Nicolas message ; so unfortunately no, we didn't have any news since.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.