- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Image warnings after update
Just updated Hikshop and now all product images are throwing several warnings, making my online store virtually unusable. Seems to be associated with the image.php file. Here are some of the warnings:
Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() [function.imagecreatetruecolor]: Invalid image dimensions in sustainablepreparedness/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 446
Warning: imagecolorallocatealpha() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in sustainablepreparedness/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 560
Warning: imagefill() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in sustainablepreparedness/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 462
Warning: imageantialias() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in sustainablepreparedness/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 466
Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in sustainablepreparedness/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 482
Please help as my store is down! Thanks!
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.sustainablepreparedness.com/index.php/products
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.18
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This means that there is an issue with the parameters given to the thumbnails creation function.
That's probably caused by a customization that was mae to one of the views which is not compatible with the current version of HikaShop.
You can look for the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop and if you have it, rename it and that will reset all your customizations and it should fix the problem.
If you still have the problem or don't have that folder, then it means that there is a problem with the Images section settings of the configuration and you would have to check them and make sure that they are set as they should.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your reply. I tried renaming the folder you mentioned, but when I did, my website went down completely (404 error), so I renamed the folder back to the original name and it loads now, but the same warnings appear when I visit the store portion of the website. If I log into the administrator area and go to Hikashop Views and sort for the views associated with my template, I can see several that have been customized because there is a little trashcan button that I can click to reset them. Should I do that? I would prefer to not do that unless I have to because I don't want to unnecessarily lose customizations I may have done in the past. But if I have to I can. I must get the store back online.
Since renaming the com_hikashop folder didn't resolve my issue, would that indicate that the problem must be with the images configuration? If so, what should I look for and where should I look? I don't even know where to start with that.
Thanks so much for your help!
EDIT: I just tried renaming the two subfolders in the "com_hikashop" folder and now my website will load but the warnings still appear all over the page when I visit the store portion of the website. BTW, I have caching disabled in Joomla so I don't think it is an issue of caching needing to be purged.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Many thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you test it with another Joomla template (like Joomla default templates) and tell me if you still have that issue ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just tried changing the template to a standard one and it still gives the warnings when I turn the "Force Images Size" option to "Yes".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also encountering another issue since the update. This one is much less major than the issue mentioned above that we are currently working on. When I load any page in the online store (i.e. any page that is using Hikashop Component), the page will load, and then stop and reload most of the page again. While this may not be much of an issue for folks with a lightning fast internet connection, it is frustrating for users with a lesser connection. This reload only happens on front end pages that are using the Hikashop component. It does not happen on other portions of my Joomla site. Any ideas?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regarding the images, the system seems to have trouble when getting your images dimensions.
Thanks to try with other images, because your images seems to have a specific format which is not compatible with php functions.
For the page reloading, the page is not reloaded.
What you see is the socials APIs which are loaded after the page. But the content of the page is always present.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So what should I do? Everything was working fine before the update. My images are nothing special. Just Jpeg images. At this point, I have had to disable images so my store is without images and this is unacceptable. So please help me to know what needs to be done to fix the issue.
And as far as the social API loading, it was not doing that before the update. So what can be done to prevent the apparent reload?
I appreciate any support you can offer with these issues that have come up since the update. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you please send me an access to your backend ?
I want to make some test sand check your configuration.
Your problem could be linked to a problem of wrong parameters in your configuration.
Regards,
PS: To send such private information, you can use the private messages.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My solution was a setup in the backend: Hikashop/Configuration/Images
Product page image width: (empty)
Product page image height: 300
Earlier the width was set up.
I hope it also helps you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Like, previous post, in Hikashop/Configuration/Images, just putting Thumbnails on "No", save, then on "Yes" again solved it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your feedback.
We will see to create a patch for it.
I think the problem is more link with an incomplete configuration, so just re-saving the configuration should fix the problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Since it sounds like there will be a patch soon, maybe I'll just leave my thumbnails off for now or if I get a chance I'll resize all of them to exactly the same size so I can turn thumbnails on and leave "Force Image Size" off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry but no, it won't. Because we don't have any useful information to understand your problem.Since it sounds like there will be a patch soon
We have any access to your backend to see your configuration or your problem.
We have any details of your configuration.
How would it be possible to create a patch for a problem that we can't reproduce ?
If I asked you an access, it was not for nothing. It was to solve this problem in your website.
So please, if you want to solve this problem, provide me the information I asked you one week ago.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.