- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Joomla version suggestion - 3.2.3 or 2.5.19
12 years 6 months ago #148853
by ez24hours
Joomla version suggestion - 3.2.3 or 2.5.19 was created by ez24hours
Hi
1. My host offers Joomla versions 3.2.3 and 2.5.19 so I would like to use one of these. I expect to have to have custom code written for me in a couple of months to make Hikashop do some special things for me. And Hikamarket and maybe a theme. I believe one theme said it was for version 1.6, so this made me think about versions of Joomla.
So what version would be safe for Hikashop (Business), Hikamarket, and a theme (if I need one) ??
2. Another stupid question - do I need to buy a theme? Will I be able to go from Joomla (install it) -- Install Hikashop Business - Install Hikamarket and then I have a store up like the one in the demo?
thank you
Roger
1. My host offers Joomla versions 3.2.3 and 2.5.19 so I would like to use one of these. I expect to have to have custom code written for me in a couple of months to make Hikashop do some special things for me. And Hikamarket and maybe a theme. I believe one theme said it was for version 1.6, so this made me think about versions of Joomla.
So what version would be safe for Hikashop (Business), Hikamarket, and a theme (if I need one) ??
2. Another stupid question - do I need to buy a theme? Will I be able to go from Joomla (install it) -- Install Hikashop Business - Install Hikamarket and then I have a store up like the one in the demo?
thank you
Roger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148874
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla version suggestion - 3.2.3 or 2.5.19
Hi,
1. HikaShop and HikaMarket work the same for both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.2. I would recommend to start with a 3.2 website so that the upgrade to 3.5 will be easier than from 2.5.
2. By theme, I suppose that you mean a joomla template. You can buy one, but you can also use a free one. HikaShop/HikaMarket will work with any joomla template.
I'm not sure what you mean by "like the one in the demo" ? If you want the same look, you would have to have a joomla template looking the same, and HikaShop/HikaMarket and your joomla configured the same. So I won't be done in a few minutes.
1. HikaShop and HikaMarket work the same for both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.2. I would recommend to start with a 3.2 website so that the upgrade to 3.5 will be easier than from 2.5.
2. By theme, I suppose that you mean a joomla template. You can buy one, but you can also use a free one. HikaShop/HikaMarket will work with any joomla template.
I'm not sure what you mean by "like the one in the demo" ? If you want the same look, you would have to have a joomla template looking the same, and HikaShop/HikaMarket and your joomla configured the same. So I won't be done in a few minutes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds