- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
12 years 6 months ago #148968
by Miss Swan
Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0 was created by Miss Swan
-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost/MAMP
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.1
-- PHP version -- : ?
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6396 bytes) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/pv32/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 795
Line 795 says:
Hi
I am working on updating all extensions and Joomla to latest versions using MAMP, I've tried updating Hikashop several times and ended up with blank page each time (deleted everything and uploaded fresh files/ DB every time), until I turned error messages "ON" then I got the above error, can you please tell me how I can fix this?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.1
-- PHP version -- : ?
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6396 bytes) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/pv32/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 795
Line 795 says:
Code:
return ImageCreateFromJPEG($image);
Hi
I am working on updating all extensions and Joomla to latest versions using MAMP, I've tried updating Hikashop several times and ended up with blank page each time (deleted everything and uploaded fresh files/ DB every time), until I turned error messages "ON" then I got the above error, can you please tell me how I can fix this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #148976
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
Hello,
I think that you'l probably find your answer through this thread :
I think that you'l probably find your answer through this thread :
It means that the memory requirements exceed the default memory limit(64Mo), I think that you can maybe solve this by adding a line like this to the server’s php.ini file:
memory_limit = 128M
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149272
by Miss Swan
Replied by Miss Swan on topic Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
But how can this happen when I upgrade, I haven't increased anything before upgrading?
It seems to be something wrong with the products, because the categories are there but the products are missing, in the backend. Of course the same is problem in the front end.
It seems to be something wrong with the products, because the categories are there but the products are missing, in the backend. Of course the same is problem in the front end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149323
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
That's because we changed the way the thumbnails are generated and it eats a bit more memory than before. But really, the problem is that your memory limit is too low on your web server. increase it and you'll see that it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149385
by Miss Swan
Replied by Miss Swan on topic Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
Ok, thank you.
I finally located the php.ini file ( forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=350630 ),
but before I add anything: just how is this line supposed to look like?
Should I just add memory_limit = 128M without any signs like ; / ` " ( ) before or after the sentence?
I finally located the php.ini file ( forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=350630 ),
but before I add anything: just how is this line supposed to look like?
Should I just add memory_limit = 128M without any signs like ; / ` " ( ) before or after the sentence?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149387
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
Normally you should already have such line in the file:
memory_limit = 32M
So just replace the 32 by 128 and you'll be good to go.
memory_limit = 32M
So just replace the 32 by 128 and you'll be good to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miss Swan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149515
by Miss Swan
Replied by Miss Swan on topic Fatal Error updating to version 2.3.0
Works like a charm, thank you very much for your time!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds