Skip to main content

main menu placement

More
12 years 6 months ago #149021 by yogi
main menu placement was created by yogi
is there a way to make Hikashop appear as a main menu sub item instead of the top level?
Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149025 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic main menu placement
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do ? You want to have a HikaShop page directly on your front page ? In that case, you can go in the menu manager of Joomla, and in the listing where your HikaShop menu item is, you can click on the "default" icon in order to make it as the main menu item (ie the one on the front page).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149557 by yogi
Replied by yogi on topic main menu placement
Hi Nicolas,
Please see attachment to see what I need to do.
I am confused as there doesn't appear to be a way to do this in step 1 of the Hikashop install.
Which of the 3 install methods in step 1 should I use to get the result I need?
I tried using "Menu item for categories" but that puts it in the top level of the menu which I don't want to do.
Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149562 by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic main menu placement
Hi,
The solution will probably just be to create a Joomla menu Item (which will be your Hikashop category listing for example), and to add that menu item on your Joomla menu named "bob's gas pumps".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149731 by yogi
Replied by yogi on topic main menu placement
Thanks Mohamed,
So I should install Hikashop using the install as "List of categories in a module" option?
After its installed can I move the position of this module to where I want it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149774 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic main menu placement
No, you really want to use the "Menu item for categories" choice of the installer wizard. Then, simply edit that menu item via the joomla menu manager and change its parent menu item so that it displays as a sub menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149845 by yogi
Replied by yogi on topic main menu placement
Many thanks again Nicolas,
I will try your instruction. I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum