- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Search by Product ID
12 years 6 months ago #149483
by jdbarr
Search by Product ID was created by jdbarr
How can I get the Search Module to search Product IDs?
The search finds text in product descriptions and other web pages, but does not find product numbers. For example, a search for "Baby" on this page returns 50 results. Clicking the Products checkbox finds one result with the appropriate product.
silentwordministries.org/index.php/publications/swm-products
However, a search for the product number is BS1 does not return the Baby Sign Language book.
I am using
-- the latest stable version of HikaShop Starter: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Chromium Browser (Linux)
-- Error-message(set to Maximum) -- : No errors shown.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
The search finds text in product descriptions and other web pages, but does not find product numbers. For example, a search for "Baby" on this page returns 50 results. Clicking the Products checkbox finds one result with the appropriate product.
silentwordministries.org/index.php/publications/swm-products
However, a search for the product number is BS1 does not return the Baby Sign Language book.
I am using
-- the latest stable version of HikaShop Starter: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Chromium Browser (Linux)
-- Error-message(set to Maximum) -- : No errors shown.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149497
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Search by Product ID
Hi,
You need to edit the options of the HikaShop products search plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. There, you can select the columns for which you want the plugin to work.
You need to edit the options of the HikaShop products search plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. There, you can select the columns for which you want the plugin to work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323284
by patoushka
Replied by patoushka on topic Search by Product ID
I tried it and it doesn't work for me. I have a message that say that I need a word with more the 3 characters. I have lest than 100 products. So, All my products have only two characters (ex: 28).
We really need the search to be applied into Product ID.
Is there any way to include those product into the result? Thanks,
This is my "Search - Hikashop Products" setup:
We really need the search to be applied into Product ID.
Is there any way to include those product into the result? Thanks,
This is my "Search - Hikashop Products" setup:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323303
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Search by Product ID
Hi,
I didn't thought about that. However, that's not a limitation of HikaShop but the Joomla search system so you would have to modify Joomla for that:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=339184
Or you could change the ids in the hikashop_product table in the database and increase them. That would be a cleaner way to allow for that.
I didn't thought about that. However, that's not a limitation of HikaShop but the Joomla search system so you would have to modify Joomla for that:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=339184
Or you could change the ids in the hikashop_product table in the database and increase them. That would be a cleaner way to allow for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323312
by patoushka
Replied by patoushka on topic Search by Product ID
We will have to make a big reset and delete all our product when the work will be finished.
So, it will be a fresh start.
What procedure do you suggest?
1. I create a new product
2. change the database for a three digit ID ( ex: 101 )
After that, will my new products stills use the following ID,s? ( 102, 101, etc... )
-- -- -- --
Another option could be the create 99 fake products that I will keep unpublished with an inventory of 0. That way, new products created by vendors will have their 3 digits.
Way do you think. Which approach would you choose in our situation?
So, it will be a fresh start.
What procedure do you suggest?
1. I create a new product
2. change the database for a three digit ID ( ex: 101 )
After that, will my new products stills use the following ID,s? ( 102, 101, etc... )
-- -- -- --
Another option could be the create 99 fake products that I will keep unpublished with an inventory of 0. That way, new products created by vendors will have their 3 digits.
Way do you think. Which approach would you choose in our situation?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323317
by patoushka
Replied by patoushka on topic Search by Product ID
I continue my reflexions about that.
I have made some tests with products that I have deleted.
Actually, I have only 6 products for my tests and my ID is at 28.
I want your opinion on that. If I enter 72 news products during the tests process. products that i will delete before launching the website.
The ne IDs will be > 100 and the products will be find by the search tool.
What do you think of that?
Thanks again!
I have made some tests with products that I have deleted.
Actually, I have only 6 products for my tests and my ID is at 28.
I want your opinion on that. If I enter 72 news products during the tests process. products that i will delete before launching the website.
The ne IDs will be > 100 and the products will be find by the search tool.
What do you think of that?
Thanks again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323328
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Search by Product ID
Hi,
Yes, you can do it like that.
You could also change the auto_increment of the hikashop_product table in the database via your phpmyadmin so that it directly starts at 100 without having to create fake products:
stackoverflow.com/questions/5665571/auto...hatever%20you%20want .
Yes, you can do it like that.
You could also change the auto_increment of the hikashop_product table in the database via your phpmyadmin so that it directly starts at 100 without having to create fake products:
stackoverflow.com/questions/5665571/auto...hatever%20you%20want .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323331
by patoushka
Replied by patoushka on topic Search by Product ID
Much more easier. Thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds