- Posts: 177
- Thank you received: 4
Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
12 years 6 months ago #150069
by kchahine
Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem was created by kchahine
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
morenadancewear.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
I created a category listing of products on the following link:
morenadancewear.com.au/sales-specials/on...s/ready-to-ship.html
It seems to have few problems but to start with is the navigation arrow/button at the top of each product (to move from one product to the other). This is not the first time I created something like this, all my product items have navigation button except for the link above. An example on how it should look like can be found on:
morenadancewear.com.au/shoes-for-her/salsa-latin-shoes.html
I am puzzled why the navigation arrow is displayed on one category of products but not the one I created last!
Your help is much appreciated.
Regards.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
I created a category listing of products on the following link:
morenadancewear.com.au/sales-specials/on...s/ready-to-ship.html
It seems to have few problems but to start with is the navigation arrow/button at the top of each product (to move from one product to the other). This is not the first time I created something like this, all my product items have navigation button except for the link above. An example on how it should look like can be found on:
morenadancewear.com.au/shoes-for-her/salsa-latin-shoes.html
I am puzzled why the navigation arrow is displayed on one category of products but not the one I created last!
Your help is much appreciated.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150256
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi,
Do you have edited any views related on the products ?
You have probably to edit the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php", function "show()" add:
After(in the "if" condition):
Do you have edited any views related on the products ?
You have probably to edit the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php", function "show()" add:
Code:
$filters['category'] = 'a.category_id = '.(int)$category_id;
Code:
if(empty($category_id)){
$query='SELECT a.category_id FROM '.hikashop_table('product_category').' AS a WHERE a.product_id='.(int)$product_id.' ORDER BY a.product_category_id ASC';
$database->setQuery($query);
$category_id = $database->loadResult();
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #150804
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
No, I did not edit any view for products. However, all these products were made from copies to an existing ones. Could there be a problem with copied products!
I might try to create similar products from scratch and see how it goes!
I might try to create similar products from scratch and see how it goes!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #150814
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi,
Have you tried the modification previously given ?
That will probably solve your problem.
Have you tried the modification previously given ?
That will probably solve your problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151014
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
I did and the code for the if structure looks like:
if(empty($category_id)){
$filters = 'a.category_id = '.(int)$category_id;
$query='SELECT a.category_id FROM '.hikashop_table('product_category').' AS a WHERE a.product_id='.(int)$product_id.' ORDER BY a.product_category_id ASC';
$database->setQuery($query);
$category_id = $database->loadResult();
}
I am afraid it did not work!
if(empty($category_id)){
$filters = 'a.category_id = '.(int)$category_id;
$query='SELECT a.category_id FROM '.hikashop_table('product_category').' AS a WHERE a.product_id='.(int)$product_id.' ORDER BY a.product_category_id ASC';
$database->setQuery($query);
$category_id = $database->loadResult();
}
I am afraid it did not work!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151015
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi again,
I created two products (not copy from other) and tried to replicate the category but again the "arrow/button" is still not showing. The only thing I can see different from the other product categories I have is that these products have 3 characteristics (many combination) and the quantity of the variants is not "Unlimited" but vary from one variant to the other.
It is important that I can solve this problem.
Regards.
I created two products (not copy from other) and tried to replicate the category but again the "arrow/button" is still not showing. The only thing I can see different from the other product categories I have is that these products have 3 characteristics (many combination) and the quantity of the variants is not "Unlimited" but vary from one variant to the other.
It is important that I can solve this problem.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151149
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi,
Are you sure that the option to display the previous and next button is enabled for the desired menu / modules ?
Currently can't find a product page with these buttons, I tried different menus.
Thanks to give me a link with the valid buttons.
Are you sure that the option to display the previous and next button is enabled for the desired menu / modules ?
Currently can't find a product page with these buttons, I tried different menus.
Thanks to give me a link with the valid buttons.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151250
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi,
The reason the arrow disappears from other menus is because of the code suggested to be included as above. I removed the line of code and now the other menu displays the arrow. The category I am interested in is still without any arrow.
Regards
The reason the arrow disappears from other menus is because of the code suggested to be included as above. I removed the line of code and now the other menu displays the arrow. The category I am interested in is still without any arrow.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151281
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi,
Thanks to give me a backend and a FTP access in order to debug that problem on your site directly.
Thanks to give me a backend and a FTP access in order to debug that problem on your site directly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151652
by kchahine
Replied by kchahine on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
where can I send the credentials for login?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151658
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Navigation Arrow/Button Problem
Hi,
You can send the informations via our contact form or directly via Private Message.
In all cases don't forget to give the link to that topic.
You can send the informations via our contact form or directly via Private Message.
In all cases don't forget to give the link to that topic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds