- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
I would like to test upgrade on test website
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150440
by Pete-S
I would like to test upgrade on test website was created by Pete-S
Hi, can I test the upgrade without affecting my license on another website or is there an easy option to rollback an upgrade should any errors occur on the live server..? Sorry if this has been covered, i couldn't find a clear answer though. thanks in advance.
Bit more info, I want to upgrade from starter to essential...there is also a difference in versions as well as license extra functionality...If there is an easy rollback option I might go with a live change...but if not I would prefer to test the upgrade on a test website first, but concerned that may affect licensing..? Thanks in advance for any help and advice please..?
Thanks,
Pete
Bit more info, I want to upgrade from starter to essential...there is also a difference in versions as well as license extra functionality...If there is an easy rollback option I might go with a live change...but if not I would prefer to test the upgrade on a test website first, but concerned that may affect licensing..? Thanks in advance for any help and advice please..?
Thanks,
Pete
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Pete-S.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150455
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I would like to test upgrade on test website
Hi,
There is always the possibility of an error when you update, so it's preferred to do at least a backup of the website before, and even better to test the upgrade on a copy of the website before.
Most of the times the updates/upgrades go smoothly, but you never know... especially if you modified some of the code of HikaShop, the probably that something goes wrong increases.
There is always the possibility of an error when you update, so it's preferred to do at least a backup of the website before, and even better to test the upgrade on a copy of the website before.
Most of the times the updates/upgrades go smoothly, but you never know... especially if you modified some of the code of HikaShop, the probably that something goes wrong increases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #150578
by Pete-S
Replied by Pete-S on topic I would like to test upgrade on test website
Thanks Nicolas, I'll go with belt and braces, (backup, clone, test, then live all going well).
I was however wanting your advice as to whether I should upgrade the version of Starter to the latest first..? And then upgrade to Essentials...? Many thanks.
Sorry, one more quickie...if I was testing locally on my pc, would the upgrade work without connecting to the internet..?
Many Thanks,
Pete
I was however wanting your advice as to whether I should upgrade the version of Starter to the latest first..? And then upgrade to Essentials...? Many thanks.
Sorry, one more quickie...if I was testing locally on my pc, would the upgrade work without connecting to the internet..?
Many Thanks,
Pete
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Pete-S.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150588
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic I would like to test upgrade on test website
Hi,
You can do the update with the upgrade in the same time, the upgrade is mostly new files, there is no database modification with the upgrade so it won't affect your website (except for adding the new features).
So you can do an update and then an upgrade if you want to be sure but doing both in the same time with the latest essential package ; will work too.
Regards,
You can do the update with the upgrade in the same time, the upgrade is mostly new files, there is no database modification with the upgrade so it won't affect your website (except for adding the new features).
So you can do an update and then an upgrade if you want to be sure but doing both in the same time with the latest essential package ; will work too.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds