- Posts: 39
- Thank you received: 0
Go back and modify custom field at checkout?
12 years 5 months ago #151154
by Oslo
Go back and modify custom field at checkout? was created by Oslo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
Hello,
On my product page I have many custom fields for customers to fill out. Then he goes to checkout page where he can view and verify his orders. My question is :
If the customers notices he has made a error in his text, how can he go back to modify this? The only solution I found was for him to click on the "arrow back" in his browser's menu (not a very good solution).
- I've tried putting in the "Continue shopping" button, obviously translating the button into "modify" but I have to specify an URL, which is not possible because it doesn't take the customer back to the page with the details he's just filled in for the product.
- Please let me know if there is something simple to do. Or if not can this be modified in one of the views?
Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
Hello,
On my product page I have many custom fields for customers to fill out. Then he goes to checkout page where he can view and verify his orders. My question is :
If the customers notices he has made a error in his text, how can he go back to modify this? The only solution I found was for him to click on the "arrow back" in his browser's menu (not a very good solution).
- I've tried putting in the "Continue shopping" button, obviously translating the button into "modify" but I have to specify an URL, which is not possible because it doesn't take the customer back to the page with the details he's just filled in for the product.
- Please let me know if there is something simple to do. Or if not can this be modified in one of the views?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #151163
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Go back and modify custom field at checkout?
Hello,
The solution will probably just be to remove the product from your cart, and add it again with the correct values.
The solution will probably just be to remove the product from your cart, and add it again with the correct values.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151711
by Oslo
Replied by Oslo on topic Go back and modify custom field at checkout?
Hi again,
Sorry I think I'm not explaing myself properly... I just need the "Continue shopping" button to go back to previous page. I've tried this code
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING'),'continue_shopping',$this->params,JRoute::_($this->continueShopping),'window.location=\''.JRoute::_($this->continueShopping).'\';return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_shopping_button"');
by editing the file "step" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views
but unfortunately is not working... obviously because I'm doing something wrong, can you tell me where to put the code, and is this the right code?
Thank you so much for your help!
Sorry I think I'm not explaing myself properly... I just need the "Continue shopping" button to go back to previous page. I've tried this code
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING'),'continue_shopping',$this->params,JRoute::_($this->continueShopping),'window.location=\''.JRoute::_($this->continueShopping).'\';return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_shopping_button"');
by editing the file "step" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views
but unfortunately is not working... obviously because I'm doing something wrong, can you tell me where to put the code, and is this the right code?
Thank you so much for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151793
by Oslo
Replied by Oslo on topic Go back and modify custom field at checkout?
Sorry wrong code... I've just added :
<a href="#" onclick="history.back();return false;">Go back</a><?php
file "step" of the view "checkout"
It obviously takes the customer back fine, but the customer cannot just modify his text and re-order as it doesn't quite work. (Ajax_Image : photos uploaded not there any more. Click on "Order" doesn't take customer to Checkout).
Unless there is something else to do.
Thanks for your help anyway!
<a href="#" onclick="history.back();return false;">Go back</a><?php
file "step" of the view "checkout"
It obviously takes the customer back fine, but the customer cannot just modify his text and re-order as it doesn't quite work. (Ajax_Image : photos uploaded not there any more. Click on "Order" doesn't take customer to Checkout).
Unless there is something else to do.
Thanks for your help anyway!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #152565
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Go back and modify custom field at checkout?
Hi,
The code you put takes the customer back to the previous page.
So the custom fields should be editable, because displayed as when it's the first time he came on the checkout.
Do you have specific custom fields ? Or just basic input fields ?
The code you put takes the customer back to the previous page.
So the custom fields should be editable, because displayed as when it's the first time he came on the checkout.
Do you have specific custom fields ? Or just basic input fields ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds