- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 1
What Joomla SEO should I use
12 years 5 months ago #152982
by karel
What Joomla SEO should I use was created by karel
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.letsgobaby.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : busines
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
HI,
Can you guys recommend a SEO plugin that works well with Hikashop? I need something that is not to complicated. I'm using RSSeo but the moment but it is creating loads of pages (duplicates) that I have to select/unselect from the site map. I was wondering if there is anything better for the job.
Thank you
Karel
-- HikaShop version -- : busines
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
HI,
Can you guys recommend a SEO plugin that works well with Hikashop? I need something that is not to complicated. I'm using RSSeo but the moment but it is creating loads of pages (duplicates) that I have to select/unselect from the site map. I was wondering if there is anything better for the job.
Thank you
Karel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #152995
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic What Joomla SEO should I use
Hi,
We recommend the default Joomla SEF system. It works fine for us and that's what we're using on our own website.
To avoid duplicate URLs for products, a simple solution is to enter the canonical (main) URL of your product in the corresponding field of each product so that the search engines don't flag the different links of the product page. This will work with any SEF system.
We recommend the default Joomla SEF system. It works fine for us and that's what we're using on our own website.
To avoid duplicate URLs for products, a simple solution is to enter the canonical (main) URL of your product in the corresponding field of each product so that the search engines don't flag the different links of the product page. This will work with any SEF system.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #153072
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic What Joomla SEO should I use
Hi
canonical tag indicates where the original source of the content is located.
canonical tag = Canonical URL label name in HKS backEnd ( see capture screen)
Canonical is big subject because many parameters are hidden behind this word : multidomain ,multicategory ( hks?) , multisite, multilanguage, multicountry.Good explanation can be found here
in jed some extension deal with URL canonical word but votes and reviews are "low ".
there is specific howto about joomla here but don't know if it work only on joomla article not hikashop product . ( you can read the php code )
@karel
Which setting make you have different URL that goes to the same content ( product) ?
@nicolas
Is there a way to automate the process using joomla , external SQL or script file ( python vb excel ) ?
perhaps disable all duplicate content link , launch a site generator tool , then enable duplicate content !!
regard's
canonical tag indicates where the original source of the content is located.
canonical tag = Canonical URL label name in HKS backEnd ( see capture screen)
Canonical is big subject because many parameters are hidden behind this word : multidomain ,multicategory ( hks?) , multisite, multilanguage, multicountry.Good explanation can be found here
in jed some extension deal with URL canonical word but votes and reviews are "low ".
there is specific howto about joomla here but don't know if it work only on joomla article not hikashop product . ( you can read the php code )
@karel
Which setting make you have different URL that goes to the same content ( product) ?
@nicolas
Is there a way to automate the process using joomla , external SQL or script file ( python vb excel ) ?
perhaps disable all duplicate content link , launch a site generator tool , then enable duplicate content !!
regard's
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #153080
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic What Joomla SEO should I use
I don't know of any automated system for duplicate URLs mitgation in Joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #181746
by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic What Joomla SEO should I use
I come back to the subject . A crowfunding project already start about URL issue in joomla . I hope this can avoid use Joomla SEO extension and be usefull for REST web service ( suport in joomla 3) .
see tinyurl.com/qeda3jl
see tinyurl.com/kwxed5z
regard's
see tinyurl.com/qeda3jl
see tinyurl.com/kwxed5z
regard's
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by lionel75.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #181751
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic What Joomla SEO should I use
Yes, we actually participated to the funding of that project
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds