- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 2
Update from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0
12 years 4 months ago #155176
by joanne721
Update from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 was created by joanne721
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.20
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
A couple of general questions: I have not updated Hikashop for awhile. Besides having a good backup, is there anything I should watch out for when jumping from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0? My site is running well currently -- how important is it to update at all? Can I safely stick with the version I'm currently running?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.20
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
A couple of general questions: I have not updated Hikashop for awhile. Besides having a good backup, is there anything I should watch out for when jumping from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0? My site is running well currently -- how important is it to update at all? Can I safely stick with the version I'm currently running?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155201
by Batas
Replied by Batas on topic Update from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0
just make sure you have an entire day for your disposition before you update.... 
I'm still struggling to get fixed some issues cause I was stupid and didn't make any fresh backup before updating .... :evil:
Or just try an update on some test site.
I'm still struggling to get fixed some issues cause I was stupid and didn't make any fresh backup before updating .... :evil:
Or just try an update on some test site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155205
by joanne721
Replied by joanne721 on topic Update from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0
What if I just leave Hikashop Business 2.2.2 running and NOT update at all? Are the updates critical?
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #155217
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0
Hi,
The updates are not critical. You don't have to update.
It's indeed best to make a backup before updating and even better to test on a copy before making the jump.
The more changes you make in the views/CSS/emails/code of HikaShop, the more you risk having a problem when updating.
For most people, it should however work on the first try without any problem.
The updates are not critical. You don't have to update.
It's indeed best to make a backup before updating and even better to test on a copy before making the jump.
The more changes you make in the views/CSS/emails/code of HikaShop, the more you risk having a problem when updating.
For most people, it should however work on the first try without any problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds