No Exact Phrase Search Results
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
Less
More
12 years 4 months ago #156116
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
No Exact Phrase Search Results was created by CardOneConcepts
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
goldsmiths.accountsupport.com/component/search
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I am having an issue with the search results not working with exact phrases. For example the site is filled with the exact phrase "Diamond Ring"
Yet I get 0 results when searching for this exact phrase? i get results when searching all or any words? And other exact phrases are not yielding proper results as well like "Gold Ring" only produces 1 result , even though there are many products with the phrase "Gold Ring"
I made sure the category and product search plugins were published but it does not seem to help?
Any thoughts on what I can do or if I am missing something?
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I am having an issue with the search results not working with exact phrases. For example the site is filled with the exact phrase "Diamond Ring"
Yet I get 0 results when searching for this exact phrase? i get results when searching all or any words? And other exact phrases are not yielding proper results as well like "Gold Ring" only produces 1 result , even though there are many products with the phrase "Gold Ring"
I made sure the category and product search plugins were published but it does not seem to help?
Any thoughts on what I can do or if I am missing something?
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 4 months ago #156341
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic No Exact Phrase Search Results
Hi,
I just tested it through your website and your search module is only searching products regarding their descriptions and not their names, so the solution will be to :
- directly go to your "HikaShop products search plugin" configuration page
- add "product_name" to the "Fields" option.
I just tested it through your website and your search module is only searching products regarding their descriptions and not their names, so the solution will be to :
- directly go to your "HikaShop products search plugin" configuration page
- add "product_name" to the "Fields" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
12 years 4 months ago #156356
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Replied by CardOneConcepts on topic No Exact Phrase Search Results
Hello Mohamed,
Thank you for your reply. I checked the plugin and both "product_name" and "product_description" are in the fields for searching? Any other thoughts on what is causing the issue? here is a screenshot of the settings for the plugin.
Thank you for your reply. I checked the plugin and both "product_name" and "product_description" are in the fields for searching? Any other thoughts on what is causing the issue? here is a screenshot of the settings for the plugin.
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #156602
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic No Exact Phrase Search Results
Hi,
I just tried again, and it seems that the search is working fine now.
Could you share your solution ? That can help other HikaShop users.
I just tried again, and it seems that the search is working fine now.
Could you share your solution ? That can help other HikaShop users.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
12 years 4 months ago #156605
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Replied by CardOneConcepts on topic No Exact Phrase Search Results
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. However, I think you may not be reading my issue correctly? As the search semi works, and I assume you just entered in a search phrase like "Diamond Rings" and clicked search which works becuase by default, "all words" is checked and you will get results that way.
To be clear on my issue here, when you do a search for something like "Diamond Rings" and you search for "all words" or "any words" you do get results, yes that's fine. BUT the problem I have stated in my initial post and is right in the title of this post and is still an issue is that when you do a search for something like "Diamond Rings" and you choose search for "EXACT PHRASE" you get zero results. This is the problem I am seeking help on and is not solved at this point.
Thank you for your time.
Thank you for your reply. However, I think you may not be reading my issue correctly? As the search semi works, and I assume you just entered in a search phrase like "Diamond Rings" and clicked search which works becuase by default, "all words" is checked and you will get results that way.
To be clear on my issue here, when you do a search for something like "Diamond Rings" and you search for "all words" or "any words" you do get results, yes that's fine. BUT the problem I have stated in my initial post and is right in the title of this post and is still an issue is that when you do a search for something like "Diamond Rings" and you choose search for "EXACT PHRASE" you get zero results. This is the problem I am seeking help on and is not solved at this point.
Thank you for your time.
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #156642
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic No Exact Phrase Search Results
Hi there,
I checked your issue and it seems there was indeed a problem as the plugin was searching for the exact phrase in the name AND description. Which is quite rare. I fixed it so it search for the exact phrase in the name OR the description. Which should fix your issue.
To update the search plugin just install the two attached file as a classic plugin.
Do not hesitate to give us any feedback
edit: right file
I checked your issue and it seems there was indeed a problem as the plugin was searching for the exact phrase in the name AND description. Which is quite rare. I fixed it so it search for the exact phrase in the name OR the description. Which should fix your issue.
To update the search plugin just install the two attached file as a classic plugin.
Do not hesitate to give us any feedback
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
edit: right file
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Eliot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CardOneConcepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
12 years 4 months ago #156759
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Replied by CardOneConcepts on topic No Exact Phrase Search Results
Thank you so much Eliot!
that seems to have resolved the issue!!!!
Thank you for the quick support!
that seems to have resolved the issue!!!!
Thank you for the quick support!
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds