- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
User not enabled if he doesn't pay yet
12 years 4 months ago #158132
by leonora
User not enabled if he doesn't pay yet was created by leonora
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
When the user buys with bank transfer and before he pays, he becames registered joomla's user.
The problem is that this user becames moodle's user too and if he doesn't pay, he will be able to entry at the moodle platform.
I need that the user becames blocked joomla's while he has not payd, and the administrator could change his state from blocked to enabled when he has made the payment.
Thanks in advance.
Leonora.
-- HikaShop version -- : essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
When the user buys with bank transfer and before he pays, he becames registered joomla's user.
The problem is that this user becames moodle's user too and if he doesn't pay, he will be able to entry at the moodle platform.
I need that the user becames blocked joomla's while he has not payd, and the administrator could change his state from blocked to enabled when he has made the payment.
Thanks in advance.
Leonora.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 months ago #158195
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic User not enabled if he doesn't pay yet
Hi,
What you're requesting is not technically possible.
That's because if we block the user account, he won't be able to log on the checkout and thus the checkout will display again the registration form and thus he won't be able to finish the checkout.
No, you want a different solution in your case I think. You should have your moodle content available only to some user group(s) (moodle roles that can be synchronized with joomla's user groups with Joomdle) and manually add the user group(s) to the user after the payment is received. In fact, you could even automate that process with the "user group after purchase" option of products in the Business edition, allowing HikaShop to add a group to the user after the purchase of a product is confirmed.
What you're requesting is not technically possible.
That's because if we block the user account, he won't be able to log on the checkout and thus the checkout will display again the registration form and thus he won't be able to finish the checkout.
No, you want a different solution in your case I think. You should have your moodle content available only to some user group(s) (moodle roles that can be synchronized with joomla's user groups with Joomdle) and manually add the user group(s) to the user after the payment is received. In fact, you could even automate that process with the "user group after purchase" option of products in the Business edition, allowing HikaShop to add a group to the user after the purchase of a product is confirmed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leonora
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197413
by leonora
Replied by leonora on topic User not enabled if he doesn't pay yet
Hi
I'm opening this topic again.
When you say: "You should have your moodle content available only to some user group(s) (moodle roles that can be synchronized with joomla's user groups with Joomdle) ..." I'm trying to do that but I don't find the way.
I have created two Joomla's groups (students and teachers) and I have configurated joomdle in Moodle by setting the option "User joomla users group" to Yes.
But when a new user is registered he can login in Moodle before the payment.
Could you give me any idea to solve it?
Thanks in advance!
Leonora
I'm opening this topic again.
When you say: "You should have your moodle content available only to some user group(s) (moodle roles that can be synchronized with joomla's user groups with Joomdle) ..." I'm trying to do that but I don't find the way.
I have created two Joomla's groups (students and teachers) and I have configurated joomdle in Moodle by setting the option "User joomla users group" to Yes.
But when a new user is registered he can login in Moodle before the payment.
Could you give me any idea to solve it?
Thanks in advance!
Leonora
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197450
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic User not enabled if he doesn't pay yet
Hi,
This is the documentation of Joomdle which talks about synchronizing the Joomla user groups with Joomdle's:
www.joomdle.com/wiki/Usergroups
Now regarding the use of the roles themselves in Joomdle so that the users can only see what you want them to see based on their role, Moodle has some documentation about that here:
docs.moodle.org/28/en/Assign_roles
However, I've never used Moodle or Joomdle so I'm just talking about what I can read online. Regarding the setup of Moodle, I would recommend that you ask on Moodle/Joomdle.
It's normal that the user can login in Moodle before the payment. But it should not have access to anything. Then, you would have HikaShop add him to the Joomla user group after the payment which would then add a new role to his user account in Joomdle, which would then give him access to the course he purchased in HikaShop. It least, that's how I understand it would work.
This is the documentation of Joomdle which talks about synchronizing the Joomla user groups with Joomdle's:
www.joomdle.com/wiki/Usergroups
Now regarding the use of the roles themselves in Joomdle so that the users can only see what you want them to see based on their role, Moodle has some documentation about that here:
docs.moodle.org/28/en/Assign_roles
However, I've never used Moodle or Joomdle so I'm just talking about what I can read online. Regarding the setup of Moodle, I would recommend that you ask on Moodle/Joomdle.
It's normal that the user can login in Moodle before the payment. But it should not have access to anything. Then, you would have HikaShop add him to the Joomla user group after the payment which would then add a new role to his user account in Joomdle, which would then give him access to the course he purchased in HikaShop. It least, that's how I understand it would work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds