- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Upgrade has broken my category listings
12 years 3 months ago #158745
by darrenm36
Upgrade has broken my category listings was created by darrenm36
On upgrading the shop from version 1.6.0 to 2.3.1 the category listings I use for a gallery are broken. It only shows 10 of my categories
www.dm-photos.com/index.php/galleries
and if I click on one it takes me to the category listing
www.dm-photos.com/index.php/galleries/ca...sland-all-welsh-show
but this is the same root category that I was already in. This was working right before I performed the upgrade.
The categories all show up with the correct parents and products in the administration pages, it's only the category listing that appears broken. If I link directly to a category (home page has links) then again I just get the root category.
This is pretty urgent as the site is effectively unavailable at the moment.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1 upgraded from 1.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : IE 11 and Chrome 35
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No relevant error message. Though I do get a lot of
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$number_of_products in /opt/joomla-2.5.7-0/apps/joomla/htdocs/components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php on line 476
as per other forum topic, so I assume its unrelated.
www.dm-photos.com/index.php/galleries
and if I click on one it takes me to the category listing
www.dm-photos.com/index.php/galleries/ca...sland-all-welsh-show
but this is the same root category that I was already in. This was working right before I performed the upgrade.
The categories all show up with the correct parents and products in the administration pages, it's only the category listing that appears broken. If I link directly to a category (home page has links) then again I just get the root category.
This is pretty urgent as the site is effectively unavailable at the moment.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1 upgraded from 1.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : IE 11 and Chrome 35
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No relevant error message. Though I do get a lot of
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$number_of_products in /opt/joomla-2.5.7-0/apps/joomla/htdocs/components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php on line 476
as per other forum topic, so I assume its unrelated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #158756
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Hello,
Firstly can you tell me if you have done some customization through the files of the "category" view ?
Note that you'll be able to check it through the page "Hikashop->Display->Views".
Firstly can you tell me if you have done some customization through the files of the "category" view ?
Note that you'll be able to check it through the page "Hikashop->Display->Views".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158900
by darrenm36
Replied by darrenm36 on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Thanks, but no there are no customisations listed and I don't recall making any when I setup the site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #158912
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Ok, if you are using a SEF module / SEF options, can you disable it and try it again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159096
by darrenm36
Replied by darrenm36 on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Thanks that helped. I had Search Engine Friendly URLs turned on. With that off the categories now work so far as when clicked it drills down correctly.
However I still only have 10 of the 30+ categories displaying and no navigation buttons to show another page.
Also when in the products the navigation button iage (for netx/prev) is 4 arrows instead of one.
However I still only have 10 of the 30+ categories displaying and no navigation buttons to show another page.
Also when in the products the navigation button iage (for netx/prev) is 4 arrows instead of one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159114
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Hi,
Could you provide links to products/categories pages where it doesn't work so that we can see that ?
Could you provide links to products/categories pages where it doesn't work so that we can see that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159181
by darrenm36
Replied by darrenm36 on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
dm-photos.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...t=listing&Itemid=130
Is the root of the categories which shows only 10 of the 30+ categories.
I've checked the categories table in the db and a category that displays and one that doesn't look the same.
And
dm-photos.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...tegory_pathway=26137
Is a product where next and prev button image is duplicated.
Is the root of the categories which shows only 10 of the 30+ categories.
I've checked the categories table in the db and a category that displays and one that doesn't look the same.
And
dm-photos.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...tegory_pathway=26137
Is a product where next and prev button image is duplicated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159194
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Hi,
1. Can you try to rebuild the categories tree by clicking on the "Rebuild" button in the toolbar of Product > Category.
2. Thanks to add the following css property:
1. Can you try to rebuild the categories tree by clicking on the "Rebuild" button in the toolbar of Product > Category.
2. Thanks to add the following css property:
Code:
.hikashop_previous_product, .hikashop_next_product {width: 19px !important; height: 19px !important;}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159292
by darrenm36
Replied by darrenm36 on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
1. rebuild made no difference. I have 35 categories published that show up fine in the administration console and only 10 show up in the category listing even after a rebuild.
2. nope, now I have two arrows instead of the 4.
I did try to downgrade to 2.1.3 but only get a internal server error (500). Tried several times before upgrading back to 2.3.1.
Ideally to get this back online I'd downgrade to 1.6.0 where I started, but I don't have the install files anymore.
2. nope, now I have two arrows instead of the 4.
I did try to downgrade to 2.1.3 but only get a internal server error (500). Tried several times before upgrading back to 2.3.1.
Ideally to get this back online I'd downgrade to 1.6.0 where I started, but I don't have the install files anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159593
by darrenm36
Replied by darrenm36 on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
I've managed to determine that the categories issue appears to be a lack of navigation and the wrong number displaying. I have 3 columns, so there should be 9 categories display when I have 10 or more published. Instead it always displays 10.
If I unpublish some categories until I get to 9 then the 9 are displayed. Thus the categories are working, just don't display navigation and an odd number of categories.
If I unpublish some categories until I get to 9 then the 9 are displayed. Thus the categories are working, just don't display navigation and an odd number of categories.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #160989
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Upgrade has broken my category listings
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, can you show me some screenshots of how did you configured your Hikashop category listing content menu which have the ID number 130 through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus" ?
Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply, can you show me some screenshots of how did you configured your Hikashop category listing content menu which have the ID number 130 through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus" ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds