- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols
12 years 3 months ago #161286
by bateman
How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols was created by bateman
Hi the best in here,
Can anyone please help me out with this question:
How do I add a unit under the dimension symbols?
I would like to have add "Ct." aka carat.
thanks
Can anyone please help me out with this question:
How do I add a unit under the dimension symbols?
I would like to have add "Ct." aka carat.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161323
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols
Hi,
The weight/dimensions system is to enter weight and dimensions, not carat so you can't add that.
However, you can cheat the system and use one of the dimensions and then use a translation override to change the display into what you want.
For example, if you decide to use mm (millimeters) you could add the translation override:
MM="Ct."
You can read more about overrides here:
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
The weight/dimensions system is to enter weight and dimensions, not carat so you can't add that.
However, you can cheat the system and use one of the dimensions and then use a translation override to change the display into what you want.
For example, if you decide to use mm (millimeters) you could add the translation override:
MM="Ct."
You can read more about overrides here:
hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
The following user(s) said Thank You: bateman
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #162204
by bateman
Replied by bateman on topic How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols
Thank you the quick reply.
I thought I got it to work, unfortunately not.
I can't find it in the units in the link.
when I try to change under: menu Components->HikaShop->Configuration -> Advanced settings.
I get this message
The weight unit "Ct." is not in the list of possible units : mg,g,dag,kg,lb,oz,ozt,l,ml,cl
I thought I got it to work, unfortunately not.
I can't find it in the units in the link.
when I try to change under: menu Components->HikaShop->Configuration -> Advanced settings.
I get this message
The weight unit "Ct." is not in the list of possible units : mg,g,dag,kg,lb,oz,ozt,l,ml,cl
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bateman.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162212
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols
That's normal.
As I said, you can't add a weight unit which doesn't exist.
Instead you need to use one of the existing ones and change its translation so that it displays as Ct.
As I said, you can't add a weight unit which doesn't exist.
Instead you need to use one of the existing ones and change its translation so that it displays as Ct.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203237
by eurospar
Replied by eurospar on topic How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols
hello
Where do I find the symbols (to override) in the language file?
regards
sandra
Where do I find the symbols (to override) in the language file?
regards
sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203292
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How do I add a unit under the Dimension symbols
Hi,
You can add them via the languages tab of the HikaShop configuration.
In the override area of your language file, you could add for example:
KG="Test"
You can add them via the languages tab of the HikaShop configuration.
In the override area of your language file, you could add for example:
KG="Test"
The following user(s) said Thank You: eurospar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds