Item Still in Cart after Checkout Process is Done?
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #161787
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
url of the page with the problem -- : goldsmiths.accountsupport.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
I have a Hikashop Cart Module set up as a mini cart so it will display the total of items in the cart. And it functions well and as expected.
Only I noticed one small issue and I am not sure why it is occurring? I am performing test transactions at the moment and as I add items to the cart, the items do show up in the mini cart module as expected, letting you know how many items are in the cart along with the cart total. However, when you go through the checkout process and complete an order I noticed that the cart module still shows that the item is in the cart?
I did just recently add code to the checkout "end" view to redirect the customer to the order page so they can view all the information about their order and print it out if they wish. Below is that code, could this redirect I have in place be causing the cart module to not reset?
Thank you for your time!
P.S. Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong category and I am not sure how to move it to the proper one?
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
I have a Hikashop Cart Module set up as a mini cart so it will display the total of items in the cart. And it functions well and as expected.
Only I noticed one small issue and I am not sure why it is occurring? I am performing test transactions at the moment and as I add items to the cart, the items do show up in the mini cart module as expected, letting you know how many items are in the cart along with the cart total. However, when you go through the checkout process and complete an order I noticed that the cart module still shows that the item is in the cart?
I did just recently add code to the checkout "end" view to redirect the customer to the order page so they can view all the information about their order and print it out if they wish. Below is that code, could this redirect I have in place be causing the cart module to not reset?
Code:
/* CT - Find current order id and show receipt */
$order_id = $app->getUserState('com_hikashop.order_id');
$orderClass = hikashop_get('class.order');
$this->order = $orderClass->loadFullOrder($order_id);
$app->redirect('/my-account/order/show/cid-'.($order_id));
Thank you for your time!
P.S. Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong category and I am not sure how to move it to the proper one?
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by CardOneConcepts.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161796
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Item Still in Cart after Checkout Process is Done?
Hi,
To be sure you can try to checkout without this code in place.
Do you have cache enabled or any cache extension/module published ?
Why not simply setting up a return url in the payment method settings ?
Updating the version of HikaShop could help too.
To be sure you can try to checkout without this code in place.
Do you have cache enabled or any cache extension/module published ?
Why not simply setting up a return url in the payment method settings ?
Updating the version of HikaShop could help too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CardOneConcepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
12 years 3 months ago #161998
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Replied by CardOneConcepts on topic Item Still in Cart after Checkout Process is Done?
It was becuase I had cache on.
But in a way that is kind of lame becuase now I can not take advantage of speeding up my site?
I was reading that most modules SHOULD have a setting under the advanced tab to adjust cache settings per module but apparently the cart module lacks this?
Any thoughts becuase I'm kind of bummed I can not use cache settings now? :dry:
But in a way that is kind of lame becuase now I can not take advantage of speeding up my site?
I was reading that most modules SHOULD have a setting under the advanced tab to adjust cache settings per module but apparently the cart module lacks this?
Any thoughts becuase I'm kind of bummed I can not use cache settings now? :dry:
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162039
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Item Still in Cart after Checkout Process is Done?
You must understand that a cart needs to be dynamic. It's not possible to have cache with it unless it is a fine grained enough cache and the Joomla cache doesn't allow for that.
You would need a more fine grained caching system where you can exclude HikaShop from the caching like jotcache:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...formance/cache/13155
You would need a more fine grained caching system where you can exclude HikaShop from the caching like jotcache:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...formance/cache/13155
The following user(s) said Thank You: CardOneConcepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CardOneConcepts
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- We Only Do Well The Things We Love To Do!
12 years 3 months ago #162127
by CardOneConcepts
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Replied by CardOneConcepts on topic Item Still in Cart after Checkout Process is Done?
Thank you Nicolas.
That all makes perfect sense and thank you for pointing me in a good direction for an alternative cache tool I did not know existed!
That all makes perfect sense and thank you for pointing me in a good direction for an alternative cache tool I did not know existed!
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Brandon Cardone, Card One Concepts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds