- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
Can I change the Characteristic ID in the databas
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago #161842
by conticreative
Can I change the Characteristic ID in the databas was created by conticreative
We have already a number of products that use a two digit id for each product zise or colr. Problem is they are not the same as what Hikashop generates when I create characteristics.,
Ours look like this:
Color:
Clear 00
White 01
Vintage White 02
Heather White 03
Size
XXS 00
XS 01
S 02
M 03
I think I have convinced the client to use an Underscore to separate them, rather than a hyphen, like hikashop does, and I may have a solution for the 00 ID and the fact that color and size use the same ID nuimber. It would involve changing them this way:
Color:
Clear 100
White 101
Vintage White 102
Heather White 103
Size
XXS 200
XS 201
S 202
M 203
But my question is this: will it create any huge issues to change these ID to a custom number either now or in the future?
What other option is there then?
Thank you for your help
Ours look like this:
Color:
Clear 00
White 01
Vintage White 02
Heather White 03
Size
XXS 00
XS 01
S 02
M 03
I think I have convinced the client to use an Underscore to separate them, rather than a hyphen, like hikashop does, and I may have a solution for the 00 ID and the fact that color and size use the same ID nuimber. It would involve changing them this way:
Color:
Clear 100
White 101
Vintage White 102
Heather White 103
Size
XXS 200
XS 201
S 202
M 203
But my question is this: will it create any huge issues to change these ID to a custom number either now or in the future?
What other option is there then?
Thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #161854
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can I change the Characteristic ID in the databas
If you change the id in both the hikashop_characteristic and the hikashop_variant table, it won't be a problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 3 months ago #161983
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Can I change the Characteristic ID in the databas
Thank you, I had figured as much but it's nice to get it from you guys.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds