- Posts: 147
- Thank you received: 6
Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
12 years 3 months ago #162278
by maujbigo
Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products was created by maujbigo
Hi,
I have a menu category listing which I set to NOT HAVE A PRODUCT MODULE.
But for some weird reason, it comes back on it's own. (See screen grab link showing I have no module associated to that menu)
s7.postimg.org/m4kkcbnrv/Screen_Shot_201...29_at_7_22_54_pm.png
And here is the screen grab showing the categories, and pro products below the categories. Where is it coming from???
s18.postimg.org/xcj4jui55/Screen_Shot_20...29_at_7_23_47_pm.png
I just want the products to appear after I clicked on a category.
Right now wen I click that menu item it shows my categories, and all the products from all categories. See screen grab below.
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- :
I have a menu category listing which I set to NOT HAVE A PRODUCT MODULE.
But for some weird reason, it comes back on it's own. (See screen grab link showing I have no module associated to that menu)
s7.postimg.org/m4kkcbnrv/Screen_Shot_201...29_at_7_22_54_pm.png
And here is the screen grab showing the categories, and pro products below the categories. Where is it coming from???
s18.postimg.org/xcj4jui55/Screen_Shot_20...29_at_7_23_47_pm.png
I just want the products to appear after I clicked on a category.
Right now wen I click that menu item it shows my categories, and all the products from all categories. See screen grab below.
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- :
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162291
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi,
Then you don't want to remove the products listing associated module. Or it won't display any product, even after you click on a category.
HikaShop adds one automatically to avoid that problem.
What you want instead is to have a products listing associated module, but configure its "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements" instead of "all sub elements". That way it will display the products only if they are directly linked to the current category and thus they won't show on the first page, only once you select a category.
Then you don't want to remove the products listing associated module. Or it won't display any product, even after you click on a category.
HikaShop adds one automatically to avoid that problem.
What you want instead is to have a products listing associated module, but configure its "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements" instead of "all sub elements". That way it will display the products only if they are directly linked to the current category and thus they won't show on the first page, only once you select a category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #162330
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi, Thanks for your response.
I did try having direct subelements only.
But the products still coming up on the first page.
Here is a screen grab showing my setting.
s29.postimg.org/ymjgxd7fb/Screen_Shot_20...30_at_8_51_41_am.png
Anything else I should change?
tks
Edit: I just created a new install and the same happens. Even if I set "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements" products still coming up on the first page. Please help
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- :
I did try having direct subelements only.
But the products still coming up on the first page.
Here is a screen grab showing my setting.
s29.postimg.org/ymjgxd7fb/Screen_Shot_20...30_at_8_51_41_am.png
Anything else I should change?
tks
Edit: I just created a new install and the same happens. Even if I set "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements" products still coming up on the first page. Please help
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- :
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by maujbigo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 3 months ago #162356
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hello,
I think that your issue is coming from the fact that your products are on 2 categories :
- The product category
- The category where you want it to be displayed
The solution will probably be to remove the product category from your product which already have another category.
I think that your issue is coming from the fact that your products are on 2 categories :
- The product category
- The category where you want it to be displayed
The solution will probably be to remove the product category from your product which already have another category.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maujbigo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162394
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
You are right Mohamed.
When I was creating the products I didn't realise I was adding to a category and not changing the 2 product category.
I will use mass action to change that.
Thanks a lot.
When I was creating the products I didn't realise I was adding to a category and not changing the 2 product category.
I will use mass action to change that.
Thanks a lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175045
by louiseh
Replied by louiseh on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Mohamed, can you please elaborate on what you mean by that. I am having the same issue as the original poster...and wish to fix it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175071
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi,
The problem @maujbigo had was that he had configured his products with severl categories. Not only a sub category but also one of his main categories. So the product was displaying not only on the listing of the products of the sub category, but also on the listing of the sub categories of the main category since the product was directly under that category.
You can check that by editing your product and making sure that you don't have several categories attached to it under the "categories" listing of the product edition page.
The problem @maujbigo had was that he had configured his products with severl categories. Not only a sub category but also one of his main categories. So the product was displaying not only on the listing of the products of the sub category, but also on the listing of the sub categories of the main category since the product was directly under that category.
You can check that by editing your product and making sure that you don't have several categories attached to it under the "categories" listing of the product edition page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175118
by louiseh
Replied by louiseh on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi Nicolas, I understand now, thanks. I have edited an individual product and saw that it has more than one category.
Here is a screengrab example, and I have drawn red crosses on it to show the categories I deleted. After I did that the product no longer shows up underneath the categories listing page !
Now, how do I do a bulk edit of hundreds of other products to remove categories from them? Is there a "mass action" I can do ?
Here is a screengrab example, and I have drawn red crosses on it to show the categories I deleted. After I did that the product no longer shows up underneath the categories listing page !
Now, how do I do a bulk edit of hundreds of other products to remove categories from them? Is there a "mass action" I can do ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175121
by louiseh
Replied by louiseh on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi Nicolas, I have been trying to figure out what "mass action" I can configure to remove higher-level categories from my products that should not be there:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html
I am not sure how to do it though. Could you please possibly tell me the settings I need to configure and how to start it ?
Kind regards,
Louise
I am not sure how to do it though. Could you please possibly tell me the settings I need to configure and how to start it ?
Kind regards,
Louise
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175139
by louiseh
Replied by louiseh on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi Nicolaus / Mohamed - I figured it out in the end 
WOW! Mass Action is such a powerful feature - thank goodness you included it !
I have added a screengrab of the mass action settings I used below.
WOW! Mass Action is such a powerful feature - thank goodness you included it !
I have added a screengrab of the mass action settings I used below.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175156
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Category Listing menu displaying unwanted products
Hi,
Thanks for the share
( Mass action are really powerful and even more if you use some event triggers )
Regards,
Thanks for the share
( Mass action are really powerful and even more if you use some event triggers )
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds