- Thank you received: 0
Move Categories
- 3sp3ranc!3
-
Topic Author
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago #162522
by 3sp3ranc!3
Move Categories was created by 3sp3ranc!3
-- url of the page with the problem --
hope-hikashop.cloudaccess.net/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Greetings,
I installed HikaShop yesterday and I'm creating my first HikaShop cart. I'm rebuilding this site: www.susanschristmasshop.com/ which is mostly a shopping cart made using Phoca Gallery and Paypal. The new site is here hope-hikashop.cloudaccess.net/
I'm starting by creating my categories. I didn't see that as I created each new category, they were placed as subcategories to another category. I"m having a heck of a time moving them into the root level. Any advice?
Thanks!
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Greetings,
I installed HikaShop yesterday and I'm creating my first HikaShop cart. I'm rebuilding this site: www.susanschristmasshop.com/ which is mostly a shopping cart made using Phoca Gallery and Paypal. The new site is here hope-hikashop.cloudaccess.net/
I'm starting by creating my categories. I didn't see that as I created each new category, they were placed as subcategories to another category. I"m having a heck of a time moving them into the root level. Any advice?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162536
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Move Categories
Hi,
When you are creating/editing a category, you can choose/change is parent category.
You can move the categories one by one (depending on the number and on the structure you want).
You can also use the "mass actions" to create a moving batch. To set the same parent category to several targeted categories.
Regards,
When you are creating/editing a category, you can choose/change is parent category.
You can move the categories one by one (depending on the number and on the structure you want).
You can also use the "mass actions" to create a moving batch. To set the same parent category to several targeted categories.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3sp3ranc!3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- 3sp3ranc!3
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #162877
by 3sp3ranc!3
Replied by 3sp3ranc!3 on topic Move Categories
Thanks,
Are you saying i can move categories up to the ROOT level? I have looked at everything I can think of from within the EDIT window and I can't seem to do this.
Also, I don't see a "mass action." Is Chrome on my Mac the problem?
-hope
Are you saying i can move categories up to the ROOT level? I have looked at everything I can think of from within the EDIT window and I can't seem to do this.
Also, I don't see a "mass action." Is Chrome on my Mac the problem?
-hope
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #162903
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Move Categories
You're not supposed to move the categories to the root level. You're supposed to always move them inside the "product category" category.
You can access the mass actions interface via the menu System>Mass actions in the backend of HikaShop.
You can access the mass actions interface via the menu System>Mass actions in the backend of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- 3sp3ranc!3
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #163108
by 3sp3ranc!3
Replied by 3sp3ranc!3 on topic Move Categories
Okay, so I need to recreate all the categories that need to be at root level, but were mistakenly assigned to categories, right?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by 3sp3ranc!3.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #163114
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Move Categories
I believe I said the opposite. The categories should not be directly under the root but under the "product category" category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- 3sp3ranc!3
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #163562
by 3sp3ranc!3
Replied by 3sp3ranc!3 on topic Move Categories
Okay, I get it. I am now attempting to open the categories that were wrongly placed as subcategories, and move them to the Product Category.
I feel like I'm being extremely dense, but I'm having no luck at all.
I open the category, click on the pencil next to PARENT CATEGORY and attempt to find a way to select the PRODUCT CATEGORY as the parent category. I tried choosing NONE next to ROOT > PRODUCT CATEGORY.
Then I end up with an error, and the category is still showing up under the old parent category. See screenshots.
I feel like I'm being extremely dense, but I'm having no luck at all.
I open the category, click on the pencil next to PARENT CATEGORY and attempt to find a way to select the PRODUCT CATEGORY as the parent category. I tried choosing NONE next to ROOT > PRODUCT CATEGORY.
Then I end up with an error, and the category is still showing up under the old parent category. See screenshots.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #163573
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Move Categories
In the popup, click on the "root" text inside the explorer.
Then, the popup will refresh and display the main categories in the right listing and you'll be able to select the "product category" category.
Then, the popup will refresh and display the main categories in the right listing and you'll be able to select the "product category" category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- 3sp3ranc!3
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #163704
by 3sp3ranc!3
Replied by 3sp3ranc!3 on topic Move Categories
Oh so simple.
Thanks,
Hope
Thanks,
Hope
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214690
by yahhr857
Replied by yahhr857 on topic Move Categories
What do you do when all of your categories ended up at the root level?? This happened to me when I was trying to set up some badges and forgot to select "root" before saving. Now I cannot get into my categories at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #214694
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Move Categories
Hi,
In the category tree you can still click on the categories and then, in the url, you can find the category_id (via the parameter "filter_id".
Then, when you edit a category, you can see the parameter "cid", which contain the ID of the category.
So in the url, just replace that parameter with the ID of the category you want to edit, and you will be able to change his parent category.
The other solution will be to use a mass action and replace the "category_parent_id" for all categories without a "category_parent_id" (equal to 0) and where the category_id is greater than 2.
Regards,
In the category tree you can still click on the categories and then, in the url, you can find the category_id (via the parameter "filter_id".
Then, when you edit a category, you can see the parameter "cid", which contain the ID of the category.
So in the url, just replace that parameter with the ID of the category you want to edit, and you will be able to change his parent category.
The other solution will be to use a mass action and replace the "category_parent_id" for all categories without a "category_parent_id" (equal to 0) and where the category_id is greater than 2.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yahhr857
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #214735
by yahhr857
Replied by yahhr857 on topic Move Categories
That did the trick!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds