- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Adding Add to Cart Functionality in JQUERY script.
I have a product customize tool, which allows customers to design a product. It changes the price, based on the options that they chose. My question is, how do I integrate this with hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
First, you want to setup the donation plugin:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...show&cid=214&lang=en
That way you can have a product where the price can vary.
then, you can just redirect the customer to the add to cart URL of that donation product with the price injected in the custom field via a parameter in the redirection URL. You can read more about that here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...-product-fields.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should be able to find the plugin "custom price" via System > Plugins.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is nothing else to do to activate it.
Of course, make sure that you created the custom item field as explained in the link I first gave you:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...show&cid=214&lang=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
"The donation plugin is already installed by default with the Business edition of HikaShop. You can find it in the folder plugins/system/custom_price of your website if you want to see its code."
Found it, now I don't know what to do next.
"You will have to create a custom field of the table "item" with the column name "amount" in order to use it.
You can take example on our backend setup of this product and custom field in order to get the same result on your end."
I apologize, but I am lost. I This is one of the most important features on our site and I want to make sure I get this right. I'm using a custom product script; where people can design a product, and the price is variable based on what images, fonts, etc. they chose. I need the price set by that script to populate hikacart. I understand this is the plugin that I need to use, but I don't get where I'm creating a column "amount", and what script I need to add in order to use this functionality in my site.
I would really appreciate your help with this. I will make sure to include hikashop mentions on our website, and we do get a lot of press.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You need to create a custom field in your HikaShop backend. That can be done via the menu Display>Custom fields in HikaShop. Just set it similarly to how we created in the backend of the demo website in that same menu.
Then, you need to redirect to the add to cart URL of the product with the extra parameter for the price in the URL as explained in the second link I gave ( www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...-product-fields.html ). Such redirect can be done in javascript with the window.location.href attribute ( www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_loc_href.asp ) that you can add in your customization tool's code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.