- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Updates to Custom Display Views
12 years 2 months ago #162975
by reubsnz
Updates to Custom Display Views was created by reubsnz
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
I have customised a number of view overrides, that will remain when an update is completed. Just wondering if new code is added to these pages in an update, how do I know which files you have made changes to so I can update them if need be?
Thanks
Reubs
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
I have customised a number of view overrides, that will remain when an update is completed. Just wondering if new code is added to these pages in an update, how do I know which files you have made changes to so I can update them if need be?
Thanks
Reubs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 2 months ago #162976
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Updates to Custom Display Views
Hello Reubs,
By updating HikaShop you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides (that you have done through "Hikashop->Display->Views"), css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that....
Note that making a backup is always a good security.
By updating HikaShop you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides (that you have done through "Hikashop->Display->Views"), css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that....
Note that making a backup is always a good security.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds