Skip to main content

Trouble installing Hikashop Starter

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #168256 by lateral
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Warning

JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected

Warning: Failed to move file!

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /tmp/install_53f54b1714de2

JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: /tmp/install_53f54b1714de2

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /tmp/install_53f54b1714de2

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Hi guys

I am a new be to Joomla and Hikashop but not to computers and the Web.

I have a new domain that I want to use to self educate myself with Hikshop and Joomla.

Joomla 3.3.3 is installed and I first attempted to use the the inbuilt Extension installer to install the package (com_hikashop_starter_v2.3.2_2014-08-20_09-34-30.tar.gz). This file is located on my desktop PC's hard drive.

When I run the Extension installer I get the following Warnings:


Warning

JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected

Warning: Failed to move file!

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /tmp/install_53f54b1714de2

JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: /tmp/install_53f54b1714de2

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /tmp/install_53f54b1714de2

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

I also tried to use the "Install from Directory" option using the /tmp/hikashop/ folder as i had manually unzipped the package and FTP's it across to the /tmp folder but I get the warning message "Please enter a package directory".

What am I doing wrong????

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards
Greg

update: I have checked the folder permissions for the /tmp folder via my FTP and it is writeable for everybody. When I go into Joomla and looks a the System Information - Directory Permissions, it is saying the the /tmp folder is "unwritable"....what's going on?????

Update: I have just been on the phone to my hosting company and they have finally fixed the "unwritable" issue and Hikashop is now installed. Unfortunatley
there appears not to be any sample data which makes it difficult to quickly learn how it all work....

I now have the following message displayed when I set Hikashop as my default template:

The template for this display is not available. Please contact a Site administrator.

Does anyone have a solution?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by lateral.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168277 by Xavier
Hi,

There is not yet sample data in HikaShop, but it will be present in the next release ! :-)

Regarding the template, HikaShop is not a template, so actually I don't understand how you was able to set it as a template.
You have to use a real template, and the template properties will be applied on the HikaShop pages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168395 by lateral
Hi Xavier

Thanks for reply.

After some more playing around think I am starting to better understand how it all fits together.

Can you tell me where all of the templates are that are available in the Hikashop demo ( demo.hikashop.com/index.php?lang=en ). I like the site template, Hagane and the Bluestork Administrator templates.....

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168403 by Jerome
Hi,

The template "bluestork" in the default admin template in Joomla 2.5 ; "isis" is the default one in Joomla 3
If you search for templates compatible with HikaShop, you can see this page:
www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html

Hagane as been made specially for our demo website, it is not a template that we can provide support on and I don't think that the template is compatible with Joomla 3.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168572 by lateral
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for me to get Hagane so that I can try it on Joomla 3?

Regards
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168574 by Jerome
Hi,

I guess that could be possible but should see directly with Nicolas using to the "contact us" page.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #168588 by lateral
will do!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum