- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
Guest checkout and email address
12 years 1 month ago #168631
by handsun
Guest checkout and email address was created by handsun
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
atv-utv-accessories.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 1.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
I have no registration enabled for checkout, (we do not want users to register) If I do not put login in the checkout configuration, then the address fields do not show up. So I have to put login, if someone who has already bought something comes to the page and enters their email address, the cart will not allow them to checkout. I am confused as to optimum settings and checkout layout for a cart with no user registration needed.
This is what I have right now
cart,login_address,shipping_payment,confirm_cart_status_fields,end
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 1.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
I have no registration enabled for checkout, (we do not want users to register) If I do not put login in the checkout configuration, then the address fields do not show up. So I have to put login, if someone who has already bought something comes to the page and enters their email address, the cart will not allow them to checkout. I am confused as to optimum settings and checkout layout for a cart with no user registration needed.
This is what I have right now
cart,login_address,shipping_payment,confirm_cart_status_fields,end
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168633
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Guest checkout and email address
Hi,
HikaShop guest checkout does not allow to use emails which already have an Joomla user account.
It means that if you just use the email for guest checkout, you should be able to re-use afterwards.
But if you create a Joomla account with the email, HikaShop won't allow you to use this email because you can "login" with.
Regards,
Do you have any error message display when the checkout refuse the email address ?if someone who has already bought something comes to the page and enters their email address, the cart will not allow them to checkout
HikaShop guest checkout does not allow to use emails which already have an Joomla user account.
It means that if you just use the email for guest checkout, you should be able to re-use afterwards.
But if you create a Joomla account with the email, HikaShop won't allow you to use this email because you can "login" with.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds