Skip to main content

Product variants

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #170386 by SilvioTrisorio
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ilmioalbumdinozze.it
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop [1405171505]
-- Joomla version -- : 3
-- PHP version -- : 5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

Hello,
I need to give each product a field with versions of the product with different pieces for each version. In prtatica such as the product "Book" has three formats (20x30-30x40-30x45), each size has a different price.
I'm 20 products, each product has three sizes if I could enter the product variants co elativi the price would be in place with 10 products, otherwise I would create three porotti / size for each individual product, with the result that I should insert 60.
How do I choose the right format with its relative price without having to make three different products with its price?

I hope I explained myself.

Thanks to the advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #170387 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product variants
Hi,

I think that you have to use the variants, this way for one product you can have different characteristics and so different prices.
Here is some documentation:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...html#characteristics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #170508 by SilvioTrisorio
Replied by SilvioTrisorio on topic Product variants
Thank you I solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171068 by startpoint
Replied by startpoint on topic Product variants
In my case, the variety of items is very large. Therefore, several products (5-6) have their variants, other 10 have their other variants, etc. These variants contain characteristics have nothing in common. This will lead to the creation of countless characteristics, most will remain valid for 4-5 products which to generate variants.
How to avoid a lot of characteristics?
How to create a version that is not associated with a characteristic?
For example, to manually input the following variants:
Variant 1: 28 + 28 mm x 19 m diameter: 40 12 pieces
Variant 2: 28 + 28 mm x 19 m diameter: 40 24 pieces
Variant 3: 57 mm x 19 m diameter: 40 12 pieces
Variant 4: 79 mm x 37 m diameter: 55 36 pieces

I know it can be done by creating characteristics diameter, size and quantity, but it is better if possible just input without characteristics.

Any idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171069 by SilvioTrisorio
Replied by SilvioTrisorio on topic Product variants
hello,
I look Rovate all but I can not manage to make more than one variant at a time ... it's a limit that is too big ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171154 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product variants
Hi,

@SilvioTrisorio Having several characteristics is not a problem as long as you don't have to have too many variants generated automatically. If you have more than 100 variants for a product, it will start being a problem on some servers.

@startpoint it's not a problem to create plenty of characteristics. I actually don't see a better solution for you based on what you described.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171170 by startpoint
Replied by startpoint on topic Product variants
Many characteristics make it difficult to add them to a product. Easier would be if you create product types (groups) to which to associate certain characteristics. Ie can be filtered by type and easy to choose the feature that is added to the product. That is, a new column. To choose which characteristic any type of product concerned.
The same would be good to do for the custom fields.

What do you think about my proposal?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171185 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product variants
We're actually revamping the product edition page and a new characteristics handling interface will allow you to easily add characteristics to products. So it should already help.
It won't be for next version which will go out soon, but in the one after if all goes well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171223 by startpoint
Replied by startpoint on topic Product variants
Expect to see innovation. If you can create a new value of the attribute, while complete product details will be ideal.
I suggest you consider the possibility to add option without chosen characteristic. Platforms I've used so far have no problem with that.
example

I wish you luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171280 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product variants
Yes, we'll have something like that but better :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171317 by startpoint
Replied by startpoint on topic Product variants
When to expect this innovation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #171318 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Product variants
Hi,

When it will be finish / As soon as possible.
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/868...eristic-edition.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum