- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Categories Listing menu - category links are wrong
11 years 11 months ago #174890
by Skyla
Categories Listing menu - category links are wrong was created by Skyla
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Categories don't have correct URL - clicking doesn't go anywhere.
Hello,
I have a HikaShop » Categories listing menu created which in itself seems to work fine. The problem is that the link for the categories themselves are wrong and don't work - they just loop back to the same page.
The link seems to be adding a /category/p to the url so the format is /[Menu Link]/category/p[Category Name]
I've been inside out and can't seem to figure out why.
There's numerous other links and modules on the website that all use the correct link and work fine but the particular categories listing menu page doesn't.
See problem URL I submitted and you will see.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Categories don't have correct URL - clicking doesn't go anywhere.
Hello,
I have a HikaShop » Categories listing menu created which in itself seems to work fine. The problem is that the link for the categories themselves are wrong and don't work - they just loop back to the same page.
The link seems to be adding a /category/p to the url so the format is /[Menu Link]/category/p[Category Name]
I've been inside out and can't seem to figure out why.
There's numerous other links and modules on the website that all use the correct link and work fine but the particular categories listing menu page doesn't.
See problem URL I submitted and you will see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174892
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Categories Listing menu - category links are wrong
Hi,
The p is added because either you don't have any alias in your product or you have an alias which starts with a number.
To avoid the issue, either make sure that the alias doesn't start with a number, or turn off the "remove categories and products id in URLs" option of the HikaShop configuration.
The p is added because either you don't have any alias in your product or you have an alias which starts with a number.
To avoid the issue, either make sure that the alias doesn't start with a number, or turn off the "remove categories and products id in URLs" option of the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #174943
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Categories Listing menu - category links are wrong
I have now turned it off - the links still don't work but they stopped looping. Now they just display a blank page.
When I click one of the categories I get a link "[Menu Link]/category/12-50-to-a-100" now (no longer a "p")
Modules and others links on the site works - it should link to "/[Menu Link]/from-50-to-100
How is the "Category" being added? for SEO - It's really important that these category links match the same as the direct menu links I've created - the changes don't seem to affect the "category" from being in the URL.
Should this be setup a different way?
All that's done is 1 main Categories Listing page with 4 sub categories - and there's 4 menu link created for each specific category that's on a right module (for more direct access). The goal is that the Categories Listing page uses the same URL as the direct menu links I've created.
Personally I could do without the Categories Listing page but without it, it seems to break the Content Module in the footer (the associated links don't work properly without this page)
When I click one of the categories I get a link "[Menu Link]/category/12-50-to-a-100" now (no longer a "p")
Modules and others links on the site works - it should link to "/[Menu Link]/from-50-to-100
How is the "Category" being added? for SEO - It's really important that these category links match the same as the direct menu links I've created - the changes don't seem to affect the "category" from being in the URL.
Should this be setup a different way?
All that's done is 1 main Categories Listing page with 4 sub categories - and there's 4 menu link created for each specific category that's on a right module (for more direct access). The goal is that the Categories Listing page uses the same URL as the direct menu links I've created.
Personally I could do without the Categories Listing page but without it, it seems to break the Content Module in the footer (the associated links don't work properly without this page)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #175040
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Categories Listing menu - category links are wrong
If you want the categories link on the listing of categories to match the links of their menu items, then you want to enter the URL of the menu item of the category in the "canonical URL" parameter of each category.
And you want to make sure that the "Force canonical URLs on listings" option of the configuration is activated.
And you want to make sure that the "Force canonical URLs on listings" option of the configuration is activated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #175597
by Skyla
Replied by Skyla on topic Categories Listing menu - category links are wrong
Thanks, it's a little much to get your head around but I believe I understand.
I have the categories working but it seems to have broken the products.
This was due to them having odd canonical URL set from when the config was set to "Use Canonical, but general if empty". While testing out - it generated a bunch wrong URL. I now have the config set to only "Use canonical URLs if specified". This way I can leave the ones in products empty and only set it to categories which seems to be working well.
Thanks again for the help.
**You may consider this solved**
I have the categories working but it seems to have broken the products.
This was due to them having odd canonical URL set from when the config was set to "Use Canonical, but general if empty". While testing out - it generated a bunch wrong URL. I now have the config set to only "Use canonical URLs if specified". This way I can leave the ones in products empty and only set it to categories which seems to be working well.
Thanks again for the help.
**You may consider this solved**
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Skyla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds