- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 1
Google Universal Analytics Broken
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #178218
by Dorgo
Google Universal Analytics Broken was created by Dorgo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
The parameter you are storing in the database is universal_analytics
Instead, you are checking for use_universal in the plugin
Was this even remotely tested or reviewed?
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
The parameter you are storing in the database is universal_analytics
Code:
'HikaShop Google Analytics plugin','plugin','hikashopanalytics','system',0,1,1,0,'','{\"universal_analytics\":\"1\"
Code:
<param name="universal_analytics" type="radio" default="0" label="Use universal analytics" description="Use or not the new API of google analytics (ga.js or universal.js)">
<option value="0">No</option>
<option value="1">Yes</option>
</param>
Instead, you are checking for use_universal in the plugin
Code:
if($this->params->get('use_universal', 0)) {
Was this even remotely tested or reviewed?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Dorgo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #178262
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Universal Analytics Broken
Hi,
Well, it has not.
I asked the HikaShop team to test my development but I guess that they include them partially and without test it.
Please replace "universal_analytics" by "use_universal" in the XML.
Regards,
Well, it has not.
I asked the HikaShop team to test my development but I guess that they include them partially and without test it.
Please replace "universal_analytics" by "use_universal" in the XML.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #178439
by Dorgo
Replied by Dorgo on topic Google Universal Analytics Broken
Thanks Jerome, did you write the plugin for hikashop?
The regex that strips out the existing snippet needs updating:
plugins/system/hikashopanalytics/hikashopanalytics.php:84
change to
also, it would be nice to be able to handle extra features without hacking the plugin eg,
The regex that strips out the existing snippet needs updating:
plugins/system/hikashopanalytics/hikashopanalytics.php:84
Code:
preg_replace("#<script type=\"text/javascript\">(?:(?!<script).)*'https://ssl' : 'http://www'\) \+ '\.google-analytics\.com.*</script>#siU", '', $body);
Code:
$body = preg_replace("#<script type=\"text/javascript\">(?:(?!<script).)*('https://ssl' : 'http://www'\) \+ '\.|window,document,'script','//www\.)google-analytics\.com.*</script>#siU", '', $body);
also, it would be nice to be able to handle extra features without hacking the plugin eg,
Code:
ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
ga('require', 'linkid', 'linkid.js');
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Dorgo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178495
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Google Universal Analytics Broken
Hi,
I just update existing plugin in order to add the support of "universal".
It was some kind of "POC", something I made at 3am and because I do not have any GA account (or Universal) I couldn't test it.
Thanks for the modification about the regex ; I updated the plugin.
I also added two new options for the modules (linkid and displayfeatures).
linkid will have a support for GA and UA ; displayfeatures is only available for UA.
UA part:
GA part:
(plus the options in the XML file)
Regards,
I just update existing plugin in order to add the support of "universal".
It was some kind of "POC", something I made at 3am and because I do not have any GA account (or Universal) I couldn't test it.
Thanks for the modification about the regex ; I updated the plugin.
I also added two new options for the modules (linkid and displayfeatures).
linkid will have a support for GA and UA ; displayfeatures is only available for UA.
UA part:
Code:
$extra_required = '';
if($this->params->get('module_displayfeatures', 0))
$extra_required .= "\r\n" . 'ga("require", "displayfeatures");';
if($this->params->get('module_linkid', 0))
$extra_required .= "\r\n" . 'ga("require", "linkid", "linkid.js");';
Code:
ga("send", "pageview");'.$extra_required.'
GA part:
Code:
$extra_required = '';
if($this->params->get('module_linkid', 0))
$extra_required .= "\r\n" .
'var pluginUrl = "//www.google-analytics.com/plugins/ga/inpage_linkid.js";
_gaq.push(["_require", "inpage_linkid", pluginUrl]);';
Code:
var _gaq = _gaq || [];'.$extra_required.'
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds