- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Messed up backend - CSS issues - Icons and webfonts
- pepperstreet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.x - 5.5.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : NO error message.
Hello,
I have a really strange experience with the latest Starter installation. It messes up the whole Joomla backend!?!
I have tested on different server environments and Joomla installs. Even with a new, fresh and clean version. Slightly different, but actually the same result.
Only De-Installation brings back the correct J! backend!
BTW, your installer creates no PACKAGE entry in J! extensions manager. I had to filter and select ALL single entries and de-install it. Shouldn't it have a package?
Here are my screenshots for you:
JOOMLA with some other extensions!
Mainly CB and FieldsAttach. Seems to produce more visual errors i.e. blue menubar. more missing icons etc. :
JOOMLA clean installation!
The following screens have at least the right menu color and the small pixel icons:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's a strange issue, have you tried with the zip or tgz file ?
Could you try the other method if only once used, and /or try to install via FTP as explained in that documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...install.html#install
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pepperstreet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
com_hikashop_starter_v2.3.4_2014-11-24_23-48-10.tar.gz
1.) Tried the same file unpacked, and installed from folder. Same issues and results like in the last screenshots (clean fresh Joomla!).
2.) Tried new download and ZIP version, too. Same issues, same effects.
The culprit seems to be the hikashop admin component:
DE-ACTIVATING the admin component does not make any difference!
I have to DE-INSTALL it... and the backend turns to normal behavior!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you provide a backend access on a copy of the website with the problem so that we can see that ?
You can use our contact form for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pepperstreet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pepperstreet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
nicolas wrote: Could you provide a backend access on a copy of the website with the problem so that we can see that ?
You can use our contact form for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Done. :whistle:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for the access.
I went there but didn't see any problem:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
So I suppose that it is just a web browser caching issue and if you clean the cache on your browser, you won't see the problem either.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pepperstreet
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
nicolas wrote: ... I suppose that it is just a web browser caching issue and if you clean the cache on your browser, you won't see the problem either.
This is so strange and not completely to explain. You are right with the clean demo installation you've logged in. The funny thing, I checked it before with different browsers and also cleared all Caches I can think of. System and Browsers. And the issue was still there.
1 day later, it was not visible anymore. At least in this particular installation.
I really can't see a rule here. Especially because it showed up in different browsers. :huh:
I also tried it on other installations, and the issue is still there.
Currently, I can't spend more time on it. And I don't see a 100% solution. I have to try it later again.
Until then..., thank you very much for your support and time! :kiss:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.