- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Update question
11 years 8 months ago #185242
by mare88
Update question was created by mare88
-- HikaShop version -- : Hikashop Starter 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6.
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5.
Hello all!
As I am completely new to this, I'd like to ask you this:
I'd like to upgrade to HikaShop 2.3.5 ( I now run 2.3.4). However, I'm afraid to lose any configurations/changes that I have made so far.
To be more specific, the only changes I've made is to the frontend CSS file through the backend: Configuration - Display - CSS - Frontend CSS file
&
the language files (also through the backend): Configuration - Languages.
Will the above changes be lost, when I upgrade??
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6.
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5.
Hello all!
As I am completely new to this, I'd like to ask you this:
I'd like to upgrade to HikaShop 2.3.5 ( I now run 2.3.4). However, I'm afraid to lose any configurations/changes that I have made so far.
To be more specific, the only changes I've made is to the frontend CSS file through the backend: Configuration - Display - CSS - Frontend CSS file
&
the language files (also through the backend): Configuration - Languages.
Will the above changes be lost, when I upgrade??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185257
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Update question
Hi,
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-install.html#update
If you modified the English language file directly, you can loose your modifications ; the best is to use the override part.
The english language is the only one provide in the HikaShop package ; the other are downloaded from our website.
Regards,
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-install.html#update
If you use the HikaShop interface, you have created overrides for your views/css ; so you won't loose them with the update.Then download the package on your computer and install it via the Joomla installer, you don't have to uninstall the previous version!
HikaShop will be updated and you won't loose any of your data.
If you modified the English language file directly, you can loose your modifications ; the best is to use the override part.
The english language is the only one provide in the HikaShop package ; the other are downloaded from our website.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185293
by mare88
Replied by mare88 on topic Update question
Thanks a lot for the immediate response.
The changes to the language files are via the Hikashop interface as well (i.e. through the backend of Joomla). Therefore, I won't loose any changes, correct?
Thank you again!
The changes to the language files are via the Hikashop interface as well (i.e. through the backend of Joomla). Therefore, I won't loose any changes, correct?
Thank you again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185296
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Update question
Yes, correct !
The following user(s) said Thank You: mare88
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185568
by mare88
Replied by mare88 on topic Update question
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds