- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
"Facebook Admin" in Social Networks Plugin
11 years 8 months ago #189020
by bdonner
"Facebook Admin" in Social Networks Plugin was created by bdonner
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.6 essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Object at URL '(the product web page url)' of type 'product' is invalid because the given value '(the facebook fbid given in the Hikashop social networks plugin for facebook admin is shown here' for property 'fb:admins' could not be parsed as type 'fbid'.
Hi, could someone please help me understand something ntót really 100% HikaShop related, in my case I happen to jump over this with exactly HikaShop.
The HikaShop Social Networks Plugin asks for "Facebook Admin". As I do/did not understand what this is used for and thus what it should be about, I tried to enter the FBID for my company's facebook page (as given by graph.facebook.com), the clear text page name for the fb page. These cause errors accoring to the fb debug tools, so after a lot of trying, I understood that what I should type is my own personal fbid (the id number graph.facebook.com gives for my own personal fb page).
Why? What does the plugin / facebook do with this info? Why is it needed to get the a function enabling a user to like/recommend a WEB page to work?
Thankful for some enlightening
,
Ben
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Object at URL '(the product web page url)' of type 'product' is invalid because the given value '(the facebook fbid given in the Hikashop social networks plugin for facebook admin is shown here' for property 'fb:admins' could not be parsed as type 'fbid'.
Hi, could someone please help me understand something ntót really 100% HikaShop related, in my case I happen to jump over this with exactly HikaShop.
The HikaShop Social Networks Plugin asks for "Facebook Admin". As I do/did not understand what this is used for and thus what it should be about, I tried to enter the FBID for my company's facebook page (as given by graph.facebook.com), the clear text page name for the fb page. These cause errors accoring to the fb debug tools, so after a lot of trying, I understood that what I should type is my own personal fbid (the id number graph.facebook.com gives for my own personal fb page).
Why? What does the plugin / facebook do with this info? Why is it needed to get the a function enabling a user to like/recommend a WEB page to work?
Thankful for some enlightening
Ben
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189024
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic "Facebook Admin" in Social Networks Plugin
Hi,
I don't know why this is needed for a user to like/recommend a web page. You should ask that to facebook as they are the ones requesting that such like button have that parameter
Regarding what you should enter there, I invite you to read this tutorial:
www.hyperarts.com/blog/how-to-create-fac...id-for-your-website/
I don't know why this is needed for a user to like/recommend a web page. You should ask that to facebook as they are the ones requesting that such like button have that parameter
Regarding what you should enter there, I invite you to read this tutorial:
www.hyperarts.com/blog/how-to-create-fac...id-for-your-website/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds